http://8tracks.com/helloween4ever/metal-radio-november-4th

Would have been up yesterday but essays blow. Nothing too themed here, just some cool stuff that I've (re)discovered recently and have liked. Might not be as quality as the last mix, but I sort of forgot about getting a mix together.

November 11: Kytokinesis
November 18: ChemicalFire
November 25: severed-metal
December 2: Kepulix
December 9: AnnihiSlateR
December 16: rg_metal
December 23: Helloween4ever
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
Excellent start with Æþelruna. Seriously under rated band, and one of the most promising bands from the UK at the moment in my opinion. I'm looking forward to the next Demo even if it is only going to be edited down shorter versions of the tracks.

Onto Falkenbach, I have a lot of time for this album. I guess ploughing my money into a limited to 100 gold vinyl probably made me want to like it perhaps more than I would otherwise, but I still think it's a worthy addition to the legacy, and much better than his recent offering.

I haven't listened to Suidakra since Crógacht came out in 2009, and even then I didn't even really play them that much. I did like one track with bagpipes on the Caledonia album, but beyond them, they never did much for me really. This seems ok I suppose, but it's not blowing me away.

Irbloss, kind of reminds me of Korpiklanni without the energy. I can't say I've ever heard of the band, and I probably won't be checking them out further. But it's not bad.

Moonsorrow, can't go wrong with a bit of Moonsorrow. I've probably neglected this album a bit in recent years, favouring Kivenkantaja and Voimasta. But there's some absolute gems on Suden Uni, and this is one of them. Great pick.

Ah Primordial. I didn't listen to this album half as much as I should. Though I still maintain it's not as engaging as the two that went before.

October Falls, a name I know, but have yet to try. I quite like this. I don't know why, and much like While Heaven Wept before I tried them, I think I assumed they were a metalcore band or something.

Agalloch, nice. I don't think it gets better than this album for Agalloch. I also like how this mix has flowed, sort of getting blacker, and then more mellow, the last 4 have been a nice transition.

I quite liked this mix. It kind of reminds me of something I might have made a few years back, so there was a nice sense of pseudo-nostalgia.
I really enjoyed this mix. I was actually pretty impressed by a lot of these, especially Æþelruna and October Falls. Nice job.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

really enjoying the Æþelruna track, haven't heard them before so gonna look them up next week, once uni's done. Feels like something is missing a little bit in the orchestration - sounds just a bit thin for what they are going for, but it still sounds impressive.

the only track I got to so far, so will give more feedback once I'm done with the mix

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Great stuff! I've enjoyed practically every song on this. All the tracks went together quite well, something I wouldn't actually mind making a mixed cd out of and taking on a long drive somewhere. A few new things, - October Falls was a nice surprise, as it never quite clicked with me but I loved the track that was in the mix. Same goes for Falkebach's last album; otherwise, aside from a few tracks I haven't heard before, it was a good refresher on the other bands (Primordial and Agalloch in particular). Gonna listen to this a good few times I reckon.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Cheers guys, glad you liked it! Yeah, I've been a big October Falls fan for a while, and their new album just blew me away. That was my fav track from it, I can't really describe why I just love that song. and I keep forgetting to listen to your mix Emenius, hopefully I'll have time to do it tomorrow.
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
Finally got around to listening to this last night. Don't remember too much about it except that it had Æþelruna & Falkenbach which I haven't really listened to and enjoyed quite a bit. Most of them I've heard but I'd be hard pressed to say that I didn't enjoy Primoridial again.