Hi all,

I am thinking about buying an extra cabinet to go with both my Tubemeister 36 as my Koch Studiotone. I already have a Orange PC112, but I am looking for a little extra. That's why I am looking to buy a 2x12 cab, preferably closed back, preferably Vintage 30's (or something similair). 4x12 is not a viable option, because that probably won't fit in my car .

I will use it mostly with the tubemeister for classic rock type gigs (think Guns 'n Roses). I like the sound of the Orange, but I think EUR 672,00 for a 2x12 that I will be using solely for gigs is a little much.

I saw some pretty decent reviews on the Harley Benton G212 Vintage, what do you think of it? I will need to mention that I am living in the Netherlands, so ordering from Thomann is a decent option.

Thanks,
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson Les Paul Tribute 50's
Gibson Midtown Custom
Fender Telecaster Deluxe
Fender Telecaster Standard
Gretsch Corvette
Danelectro DC59

Crybaby | TS9 | Korg | Little Big Muff | PS-6| MXR Chorus | TC Spark| DL4
i have heard good things from europeans on the V30 loaded harley benton cab. seems a strong budget cab to consider.

maybe dave will chime in as he has more experience with these european brands.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
As you live in Europe, I can recommend a small Belarussian company called "Sparrow's Sons". I recently got a 2x12 closed-back cab (Horizontal, Orange PPC212 style, WGS Vintage 30 and Creamback clones) for 360$ used and it's one of the finest cabs I have ever seen. They have also made some combos for Converge's guitarist, I think. You can check out their FB page if you are interested. However, these can be out of your budget a little bit.

Anyway, my suggestion is to look at european companies like ENGL, Diezel (these probably cost too much for your budget, however) and so on, because american cabs become too expensive when they cross the Atlantic.

By the way, here's mine:
I am more than happy to pay up for a really good cab, it simply amazes me how these cabs can vary in price. I Got my Orange for EUR 150,00 used, which I consider a really good deal since it is in great shape.

Never heard of Sparrow's son, I will look into that. I don't really feel like Engl is my brand, but I might try one out. Any particular series?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson Midtown Custom
Fender Telecaster Deluxe
Gretsch Corvette
Danelectro DC59

Quote by terribleguitar
As you live in Europe, I can recommend a small Belarussian company called "Sparrow's Sons". I recently got a 2x12 closed-back cab (Horizontal, Orange PPC212 style, WGS Vintage 30 and Creamback clones) for 360$ used and it's one of the finest cabs I have ever seen. They have also made some combos for Converge's guitarist, I think. You can check out their FB page if you are interested. However, these can be out of your budget a little bit.

Anyway, my suggestion is to look at european companies like ENGL, Diezel (these probably cost too much for your budget, however) and so on, because american cabs become too expensive when they cross the Atlantic.

By the way, here's mine:

i hate to hijack, but that is one sweet as matamp. jelly.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Yeah, it is an awesome amp.

But, does anyone else actually have some experience with the Harley Benton cabs? They really look to good to be true..
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson Midtown Custom
Fender Telecaster Deluxe
Gretsch Corvette
Danelectro DC59

Hard to go wrong with the HB at the price they charge. i guess if you're willing to pay more you can do better. But in my (limited) experience with them (and admittedly that's home-only use, so bear that in mind) they seem decent, at least.

are you sure you want v30s for classic rock, though? if you consider guns n roses classic rock, though, they might be fine.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Maybe a bit on the louder side of the "classic" rock . I have used V30's in the past, and I really like them. I would use it for gigs, anyone have any experience with these things in a live-setting?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson Midtown Custom
Fender Telecaster Deluxe
Gretsch Corvette
Danelectro DC59

ah right if you know you like v30s, then that's fine.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by timfleur1987
Maybe a bit on the louder side of the "classic" rock . I have used V30's in the past, and I really like them. I would use it for gigs, anyone have any experience with these things in a live-setting?

It will work fine live. No it wont sound like a Mesa or Orange cab, but it will sound good and cut in a mix well.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate