I have a 72 deluxe RI tele and I've just swapped out the stock pickups for some from the creamery. Having done that, I can't figure out how to run the various cables through the body cavities while still allowing room for the pickups to move. Specifically, I can't get the wires past the bridge pickup without having the pickup adjusted really high against the strings.

So the cables for the bridge and neck pickup, and the one to the pickup selecter, plus a ground wire need to get through that little cavity by the bridge pickup to the control route. But there doesn't seem to be enough room in the cavity for the cables to run next to the pickup, and there doesn't seem to be enough room for them to run beneath the pickup, unless I raise the pickup up higher than I like it.

The replacement pickups seem very slightly taller and the mounting base slightly wider than the originals, but we're talking about 1mm here.

Here's some pics below. You can see that there's no room for wires to go around the pickup (once the screws and springs are in place), and if they go underneath, the pickup's pretty high.

Am I missing something here?

If the wires are long enough you could use rubber cement (semi-permanent but completely reversible) to glue them along the wall of the cavity. The pickup cables may be too wide though, but you could try stacking them.

Short of routing out some extra space, that's all I can come up with.
I agree with Jim.
You may need to rout out a little wood under--create a "shelf" to hide the wires. Run them between the bridge pickup and bridge area. Or, drill a small hole in that body corner that points towards the bridge pickup.
Oh, frack! But, I didn't say frack--I said "THE" word. The F-dash-dash-dash-dash word.