Hello ,,
i'm gonna buy my first ESP (horizon fr ii) and i noticed that the new ESP brand called E-II is less expansive than the old one ...

For example the ESP Horizon Fr-II costs about 300/400€ more than the ESP E-II Horizon Fr-II ...

I would like to know why if E-II is the same guitar as the ESP standard except for the logo on the headstock.

Thanks !!
Are you talking about the LTD Elite level guitar? The LTD Elite are assembled along side their ESP cousins in Japan but are not supposed to be the same caliber as the standards. Kind of a middle ground between the Korean/Indonesian LTDs and the super expensive ESPs.
Quote by demonhellcat
Are you talking about the LTD Elite level guitar? The LTD Elite are assembled along side their ESP cousins in Japan but are not supposed to be the same caliber as the standards. Kind of a middle ground between the Korean/Indonesian LTDs and the super expensive ESPs.

no i'm not talking about the LTD .. i'm talking abuot the E-II series
After the re-branding..

ESP = Japanese Custom Shop ESP
E-II = Standard ESP

Before the re-branding..

ESP Custom = Japanese custom shop ESP
ESP = Standard ESP
E II = (didn't exist).
Last edited by kingking22 at Nov 6, 2013,
Quote by kingking22
After the re-branding..

ESP = Japanese Custom Shop ESP
E-II = Standard ESP

Before the re-branding..

ESP Custom = Japanese custom shop ESP
ESP = Standard ESP
E II = (didn't exist).

are you sure about that? then why i you want to buy the ESP standard you pay about 300€ less than the EII same model ?
Quote by gioxc88
are you sure about that? then why i you want to buy the ESP standard you pay about 300€ less than the EII same model ?

You mean 300 EURO more? not less. What is so hard to understand? the new ESP brand are now made in the custom shop. The EII brand are still made in Japan but they're not classified as being made in the custom shop (they're the same as the old ESP brand).
Last edited by kingking22 at Nov 6, 2013,
Quote by kingking22
You mean 300 EURO more? not less. What is so hard to understand? the new ESP brand are now made in the custom shop. The EII brand are still made in Japan but they're not made in the custom shop (they're the same as the old ESP brand).

yeah i mean 300€ more .. you're right

it's hard to understand because how is it possible that simply by changing logo on the head stock you can save 300€ ... i know that they are still made in japan but is the logo the only difference .. i don't think so
Quote by gioxc88
yeah i mean 300€ more .. you're right

it's hard to understand because how is it possible that simply by changing logo on the head stock you can save 300€ ... i know that they are still made in japan but is the logo the only difference .. i don't think so

To be honest, in my opinion this is all commercial branding nonsense. They've essentially just increased the Value of their "ESP" brand by creating the EII. Which I'm sure are practically the same shit as their new ESP but just without the value of having the "ESP" logo stamped on the head stock.
^^ Yup. All ESP standards are technically "authentic" it just won't have the ESP sticker on the headstock like the old ones did. Plenty floating around on ebay still though.
My understandinf of the new branding is.....
All esp are now custom shop orders only
Ltd elite are the new "off the shelf" japan made guitars
ltd are still the korean made cheaper models
ive not heard of E-II and theres nothing about it in their website.
Thankfully I bought my eclipse II befor the rebranding :-)
I figure if its gonna have ltd on the headstock anyway just buy the top of the line korean model, they're still pretty great guitars plus you've got heaps of change for other gear, or even a second guitar.
That's pretty lame. I have the LTD Reign in Blood guitar and love it, but always wanted a ESP branded one. Guess I'll be going on eBay because I'm not spending $5000 plus for just a brand.