I'm hoping to buy a Pod HD500 to use with my Orange TH100 using the 4 Cable Method and just wanted to get something straight before I go out and buy one. I believe that the aay it works is that with my amp placed in the Pod's loop I can use the amps preamp for it's distortion while placing my effects in the front of it or through it's loop by placing the Pod's loop in the chain and placing the effects either before or after it. My question is if I remove the pedals loop from the chain will my speakers then give me a clean sound? Or will I still get a distorted sound because my amp is on it's distortion channel? I believe that I cannot use this method to change the amp's channel or is that incorrect? I'm very green to this as it's an entirely new concept to me. Any help/advice would be great and really appreciated. If this is in the wrong section please direct me to the correct one.
You might have run into some trouble since the TH100 doesn't have an overall master volume to control the volume of the loop.
Quote by M3AK
My question is if I remove the pedals loop from the chain will my speakers then give me a clean sound? Or will I still get a distorted sound because my amp is on it's distortion channel?

If you remove the pedal's physical loop from the signal chain you should get a clean sound since you're effectively bypassing the preamp in your head.

Quote by M3AK
I believe that I cannot use this method to change the amp's channel or is that incorrect? I'm very green to this as it's an entirely new concept to me. Any help/advice would be great and really appreciated. If this is in the wrong section please direct me to the correct one.

Well that all depends, I think you can use the POD as a midi controller so if your head is midi-enabled you can. If that isn't the case then you can't. Really though, I think half the point of going down this route is that you don't have to do things like that; you can leave your amp on one setting and get the POD to do all the rest of the tone-shaping work.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.