WTF no love for this awesome band . their riffs really have this unique style and feel

Share here what youthink of them
Last edited by ibzshredder at Nov 6, 2013,
My favorite band right now. Also, bands For Today and Texas in July are good. All of ABR songs are good it is hard to pick a favorite I like Existence though.
Raconteurs Fan Guy
I love August Burns Red, I might see them at the Observatory in Santa Ana, California.
You'll find a thread for these guys in the Hardcore forum I think.

I mean they're not really hardcore, but the hardcore forum tend to have less rage attacks about bands "not being genre." Just a pro-tip.

Think of it this way, the Metal forum on UG is pretty much dedicated to TR00KVLTMETALZ\m/666
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
You'll find a thread for these guys in the Hardcore forum I think.

I mean they're not really hardcore, but the hardcore forum tend to have less rage attacks about bands "not being genre." Just a pro-tip.

Think of it this way, the Metal forum on UG is pretty much dedicated to TR00KVLTMETALZ\m/666

Okay, first I see people calling the band Deathcore and now I see you calling them not Hardcore. How the hell is this in any way a Metal band?
They are so good that there is nothing to discuss :| We can all just agree that everything they do is very good and move on.
Quote by Morphogenesis26
Okay, first I see people calling the band Deathcore and now I see you calling them not Hardcore. How the hell is this in any way a Metal band?

Because Pedal Riffs and Aesthetics. The musical tropes of the band are far closer to metal than they are to hardcore. I mean what do they sound more like? Judas Priest and Iron Maiden or Bad Brains and Black Flag?

They're not a hardcore band for sure, I mean what is really hardcore about them? They're nu-metalcore through and through and, despite it being watered down, after all the discussions we've had over in the hardcore forum I thought it had been generally agreed that Nu-Metalcore was just watered down Melodic Death Metal, to the point where it barely resembled it.

The problem is that this forum doesn't actually have anywhere to put these bands, the Metal forum don't want them because they're not tr00 enough and the hardcore forum isn't really the "right" place for them. I always assumed they were in the Hardcore forum because we don't care as much... not because they're actually a hardcore band.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Nov 6, 2013,
Quote by ChemicalFire
Because Pedal Riffs and Aesthetics.

They're not a hardcore band for sure, I mean what is really hardcore about them? They're nu-metalcore through and through and, despite it being watered down, after all the discussions we've had over in the hardcore forum I thought it had been generally agreed that Nu-Metalcore was just watered down Melodic Death Metal, to the point where it barely resembled it.

The problem is that this forum doesn't actually have anywhere to put these bands, the Metal forum don't want them because they're not tr00 enough and the hardcore forum isn't really the "right" place for them. I always assumed they were in the Hardcore forum because we don't care as much... not because they're actually a hardcore band.

I guess my memory of ABR is a bit fuzzy. They always sounded like a more melodeath-y Melodic Metalcore to me. I don't have the patience to revisit them, though, so I'll take your word for it.
It doesn't really matter in the end. I have a soft spot for ABR, they're far from awful imo.

Anyway, here is the thread in the Hardcore forum if you guys want to talk about it. If you keep this thread here you'll probably just annoy the Metal Regs and they'll ruin your discussions xD

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=652400&highlight=august+burns+red

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by ChemicalFire
It doesn't really matter in the end. I have a soft spot for ABR, they're far from awful imo.

I always liked their early works up to Messengers. Pretty fun band.
ABR fan here. I always just thought of them as 'metal' and 'I like.'
Nice to see some abr fans ! love the new album and also constelation and leveler i havent listen to much of their old stuff anyone can suggest me some songs ?
I hear that Messengers is considered their best album.

You should probably listen to that one.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by ibzshredder
thx ill definatly give it a listen maybe even learn some songs

There is a song called Composure in that album, it's the one you should be looking at first.
Wait...If Trivium and BTBAM are in here...does that mean these bands will be allowed in here too? Oh god...
Quote by Morphogenesis26
Wait...If Trivium and BTBAM are in here...does that mean these bands will be allowed in here too? Oh god...
if i still had a say in it, i'd say no.

i've never gotten a metal vibe from this band at all.
Quote by ibzshredder
Hmmm Thank you for taking your time to post man
you're welcome, i'm glad my efforts were appreciated.

post in this thread, please: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=652400
Last edited by Amuro Jay at Nov 6, 2013,
Quote by ChemicalFire
TR00KVLTMETALZ\m/666

Well this is the only music of any real quality anyway.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?