Okay, I know this is a long shot here, but this is driving me insane. I heard an instrumental song a few times yesterday while listening to some speakers and i was thinking to myself "Wow this is a great song, I better not forget the title I'm staring at right now", which I obviously did.

So basically it's an instrumental classic rock song, that starts out with a fade in of strings/organ and then a very melodic electric guitar riff begins (no distortion, but lots of reverb). after this repeats, i think twice, the drums and bass enter with a single hit on the first beat of the riff. this builds up over two rounds of the riff, and they both then play an accompanying rhythm.

The songs name was something like "streets" or some synonym of that and it ran at about 130 bpm, and was about 2-3 minutes long.

I know this is a long shot but I really hope some of you guys have any idea of what song it is!
Turns out it was an excerpt of Dire Straits "on every street", just in case anyone was wondering.
There is a good instrumental rock song by Deff Leopard, I forget what it's called. It was like "Switch 625" I think..... not sure if I got the numbers right :P