Is it bad that i'm always questioning my love for music. and the reason why I play an instrument? It's like I get so much joy out of it, but i'm tired of questioning my love for it. It's just really killing my whole vibe right now. Has anyone ever been in a situation like this or is it just me sometimes I just wonder about this.
Last edited by Black_devils at Nov 6, 2013,
I know exactly how you feel man. But I don't take that too seriously, that's just mind chatter to me. You know, when your mind starts wondering about different things, not just guitar and music. Don't attach yourself too much to those kind of thoughts, they aren't going to do you any good let them pass is the best advice I can give you.
You haven't exactly explained why you question your love for music. I have read a couple of your threads and I'll take a guess that you might be unsure of how to approach your practice time and thus, how to work towards further progress?
It would be easier to help if you clarified on the subject. I can give my 2 cents, but with this amount of info any advice is hit or miss.
in my experience i find this ok as long as you think you would regret never touching the guitar again, sometimes u can have a longer downstreak than you might have imagined will hit you maybe.
go and see a good band, or have a jam with a friend
always works when i feel like im loosing interest in music
Quote by Navi_96
You haven't exactly explained why you question your love for music. I have read a couple of your threads and I'll take a guess that you might be unsure of how to approach your practice time and thus, how to work towards further progress?
It would be easier to help if you clarified on the subject. I can give my 2 cents, but with this amount of info any advice is hit or miss.
Navi it's not that, it's just that sometimes I get all analytical about music. It's hard to explain I wouldn't know how to see, but like I said it might be because i'm always analyzing it.
Quote by Painkiller94
I know exactly how you feel man. But I don't take that too seriously, that's just mind chatter to me. You know, when your mind starts wondering about different things, not just guitar and music. Don't attach yourself too much to those kind of thoughts, they aren't going to do you any good let them pass is the best advice I can give you.
Thanks bro i'll take your advice. I thought that I was the only person that would have these kind of thoughts.
Hey man, don't get down. Just read through one of your threads, as someone said you seem to lack focus and structure when it comes to learning. Don't worry it's happened to everyone at sometime, you seem to be jumping way to far ahead as well. Google Justin Guitar and read the beginner course from the start, refresh some of the stuff you may know and learn stuff about music you might of missed, it's free and it helped my guitar playing tremendously in the start. I might head back to read through it all again in the near future.
try to get hold on lot of "bits" so you have a regular success experience, dunno how to put it better.
Quote by Malchius
Hey man, don't get down. Just read through one of your threads, as someone said you seem to lack focus and structure when it comes to learning. Don't worry it's happened to everyone at sometime, you seem to be jumping way to far ahead as well. Google Justin Guitar and read the beginner course from the start, refresh some of the stuff you may know and learn stuff about music you might of missed, it's free and it helped my guitar playing tremendously in the start. I might head back to read through it all again in the near future.

That's funny because i'm doing the beginners course for rhythm guitar. Idk I guess i'm just feeling down not just about music in general.
wait a year and then when know one wants to hear you play, or even give you a chance to play....then you have to listen to everyone else, and what they play, till you finally turn everything off...then ask yourself that question again, see how you feel then .....
Quote by macashmack
Start learning something new to break out that rut.

I'll give it a try.
Quote by ssilva57
wait a year and then when know one wants to hear you play, or even give you a chance to play....then you have to listen to everyone else, and what they play, till you finally turn everything off...then ask yourself that question again, see how you feel then .....

I don't get it could you be more descriptive?
If you like it, do it.

If you don't, don't.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
If you like it, do it.

If you don't, don't.

The thing is I don't like it, but I love it. I would love for this to be my profession that's a dream of mine that's why I work hard and practice 4 hours a day. It's just that sometimes goals seem so distant, and sometimes they seem close, but one thing I know for sure is that i'm too strong willed to ever quit. Especially in something I love to do it's my passions I've always loved music I listen to it for 5-7 hours a day. I'm on a daily pursuit with my musical passion, and aspirations i'm just focused on being the best me that I can possibly be.
Ok well you love it. That's the end of your thread.

If you want a tip, if your goals only relate to the technical side of playing guitar, you will fail to make a career out of it.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
Ok well you love it. That's the end of your thread.

If you want a tip, if your goals only relate to the technical side of playing guitar, you will fail to make a career out of it.

Thanks for the advice. I think I understand why I felt like this it's because I was stuck in a rut, and needed to change my approach.
I fell out of love with guitar, so I learned another instrument. Now I love both! Then I stopped loving both... Now I love multiple instruments
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
Its like, so bad for you.
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
Quote by Black_devils
Thanks for the advice. I think I understand why I felt like this it's because I was stuck in a rut, and needed to change my approach.

How will you change your approach?
Soundcloud