Just got my new cab today, but the head doesn't come til Friday . The intelligent tech guy inside of me is telling me not to hook up a 15 watt combo amp to it, but the little kid bassist inside wants to plug it in and play. If it matters, its a Hartke Hydrive 4x10, 1000 watt handling. Will under powering the cab damage it?
I wouldn't think so, but then again I've got very limited experience with stacks. Maybe someone else could chime in to tell me how right/stupid what I've said is.
If I could get THAT sound out of a Casio Mickey Mouse watch, I would play a Casio Mickey Mouse watch
I've never heard of anybody having problems with "underpowering" a cab. Still, I haven't played that much to give a serious advice, but i assume it shouldn't do anything to your cab :S
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Underpowering is a myth. Ever experienced pain from being touched too softly?

No, of course you haven't.

I wouldn't bother wasting your time though, just concentrate on your playing until the head gets there, then concentrate on finding your sound with the new amp.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Check the OHMS of your combo and cab, I blew a 4ohm head not fully aware that one 15 cab was 8ohm and the other 15 was 4ohm! Finished the gig but never worked after that.
Schector 5 string Omen
Kona 5 string
Behringer BX4500H
Behringer 410
Behringer 115
Gorilla 30w
Quote by consecutive e
Underpowering is a myth. Ever experienced pain from being touched too softly?

No, of course you haven't.

I wouldn't bother wasting your time though, just concentrate on your playing until the head gets there, then concentrate on finding your sound with the new amp.

Good point. I can wait one more day. Funny enough, the owner's manual actually talks about underpowering a bit, but doesn't give any specific info.