My basement got robbed. Anyway, I have grown quite fond of my Schecter. I loved the mahogany body and the neck-thru set up gave me some great sustain. Also, it looked gorgeous.

What ideas do you think I should consider for a replacement? I was looking at the Hagstrom deuce or a faded sg. I don't know what I should look at. I play post-rock, indie rock, and some sludge/doom type pieces. I have a deluxe player's strat. It's a cool little guitar, but not what I'm looking for. I am also playing out of a Peavey Ultra Plus 120w.

Thank you
Do you have the serial #? You should check Craigslist and all the local music shops. I assume you filed a report.
PRS SE Custom 24? Neck is a set neck, but I find it fine even up to the 24th fret. The SE has coil tap which could be of use to indie and post rock, however I hardly use mine. Maybe even an LP Studio if you wanna go for that singlecut vibe. Or even a used Fender American Tele or a G&L ASAT?
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Sorry for your loss, could you get the same guitar? Schecter still makes their custom series(I think).
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Nov 7, 2013,
Sorry to hear that man! That happened to me one time as well, but they took BOTH of my guitars (at a time when I was penniless and couldn't afford even a basic guitar for 3 months). Such a sickening feeling.

Anyway, Schecters can be found used at Guitar Center all day long for great prices and free shipping. I bought a V-1 from them at a steal -- barely had any signs of wear.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Quote by AWACS
PRS SE Custom 24? Neck is a set neck, but I find it fine even up to the 24th fret. The SE has coil tap which could be of use to indie and post rock, however I hardly use mine. Maybe even an LP Studio if you wanna go for that singlecut vibe. Or even a used Fender American Tele or a G&L ASAT?

I agree with this, I finally got one after years of wishing I had an SE 24 and I absolutely love it. You get more guitar than you pay for, it sounds and looks beautiful and plays like a dream.
+1 to the PRS SE Custom 24, if I didn't buy a Schecter 8 string that would definitely have been mine. PRS guitars play smooth as brother mate.
Sorry man, getting robbed is the worst. In the future, buy renters'/home owners' insurance! Every time I move I make sure my renters' insurance travels with me because I would hate to have anything stolen and not be able to replace it.

Schecter still makes the same guitar so you could just buy a straight up replacement, and you might even be able to find one on ebay for a lower price.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
I do sympathize for you however, regarding your loss. I say Get another Schecter, or try out an Agile I'd say.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate