Well simply put, I'm a huge alter bridge (and specifically Mark Tremonti) fan and would love to start on covers of their songs.
However, I've been thinking on what songs to start, difficulty-wise.

Do you guys have a bold idea of what songs are 'easier' to learn than others?

Personally I was thinking about songs like: Brand New Start or Blackbird.
Primary Gear:
PRS SE Custom
Crybaby Wah-Wah Pedal
Roland Cube 60 Amp
I can play a fair bit of stuff off all 4 albums, but I wouldn't say that any of it is particularly easy. It depends what level you're at yourself to be honest!
Blackbird is fairly simple until Marks solo but does involve some finger picking (or hybrid picking if you can manage it, I'm rubbish at that!) and brand new start is also not massively straining until the solo either.
Something to bear in mind is that AB and Mark in particular uses a huge variety of tunings, the 2 you've mentioned are both in half step tuning which are nice and simple. But the easiest song i'd say to play by them is Watch Over You and that's in Open G tuning which is a right chew on.
There's some great tabs on here for AB and Marks solo stuff which could help you out. In fact, most of marks solo album is easier to play than AB for me personally, so could be something to think about (Wish you Well is simple but really fun to play).
Hope that helps!
Thanks for your input Penguin
I'm actually already able to play the intro part of Blackbird, wasn't all too hard to learn and I've been looking into the solos of Brand New Start and Blackbird in the past, I found that Myles' part of the Blackbird solo wasn't all too hard to learn, and I can play most of Mark's part of the Blackbird solo apart from his legato parts (which i usually just fill up with some improv of my own)

I never would've guessed songs off Mark's solo record would be 'easier' to play, though. I should try to look in to that. Especially 'Wish You Well' which was definitely my favourite track off the All I Was record
Primary Gear:
PRS SE Custom
Crybaby Wah-Wah Pedal
Roland Cube 60 Amp
Burn it Down is an easy one and its in standard tuning. Open your Eyes isn't too complicated either until the solo, but it has a weird tuning. Addicted to Pain is easy too without the solo.
With the exception of the solo leads, Slip to the Void is fairly easy (drop-d/half-step down tuning).
Still Remains is a fun one. Drop B-flat tuning.
On the Blackbird album, the title track, Come to Life, White Knuckles, and Buried Alive are fun, with varying degrees of difficulty.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
During the weekend i decided to follow up nico_9550's advice and gave 'Open Your Eyes' a go.
I spent quite some time tuning though, but it was indeed fairly easy to play (apart from the solo ofcourse. That's just sick!)

I'm intending to focus on Blackbird next as it's an 'important' song to me for various reasons.
Hope to record some first-try covers of those two songs soon to see how well I really do it
Primary Gear:
PRS SE Custom
Crybaby Wah-Wah Pedal
Roland Cube 60 Amp
do the world a favor and go kill yourself
Freebird79 wrote:

"You could call Led Zeppelin emo" Well...I guess you could call Fall Out Boy a steaming pile of cat shit
^ Way to contribute to the topic, you knob-head.

If you're feeling adventurous, Cry of Achilles from the new album sounds pretty fun.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Rise Today is pretty simple and the first solo of Blackbird is a lot of fun to play too.