well i dont know if the title makes any sense but I wanna make a 8 ohm speaker cabinet but without any speakers, why cause I wanna record my amp from the preamp out to the audio interface and then i can use my vst, but I wanna have the freedom of turning up the volume without any disturbances. does that make any sense at all? and I wish i had the money to buy torpedo live or palmer cabinet simulator but i dont so I have to think outside the box.
Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
Behringer GX212 (now works as head)
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass
a lot of tube amps will let you record from the pre out/line out with the amp still in stand-by. You still want to have a speaker cab hooked up, but there will be no sound coming from it.

This typically works with amps that have DI outs, but check with yours and see if it works. It's free and you will not damage anything by checking. If not a load box would be essential
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
You could also get a "dummy load" box--designed to do just this, and takes up less space.
Oh, frack! But, I didn't say frack--I said "THE" word. The F-dash-dash-dash-dash word.
check out this video by Adam Ironside:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xVp6g48Ouo

basically, plug your fx send into the interface, lower volume, and use cab impulses in a DAW. there are a gazillion impulses out there and I believe most DAWs have some. the preamp on its own will sound like ass.

you dont need a dummy load, but you DO need a load. when you plug in the fx send to the interface, make sure you have the speakers connected to the amp out and the volume down. the video explains everything really well.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
well my Bugera 6262 has a preamp out, i tried to use on stand by and didn't work but it work with the stand by "off" and i did record some and preamp out didn't sound bad I have lots of vst that is why i want it to use my real amp and compare to the vst and see if there is a difference and thanks for the suggestions and the replies.
Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
Behringer GX212 (now works as head)
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass