I was curious as to what software you guys use. I've tried a **** ton of software and I think music bee or just regular old windows media center are still my favorites.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Moc
http://moc.daper.net/node/374
Command line based music player that runs on linux. I won't use anything else. This is by far the best music player I've ever used.

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Last edited by rg_metal at Nov 7, 2013,
Quote by rg_metal
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Moc
http://moc.daper.net/node/374
Command line based music player that runs on linux. I won't use anything else. This is by far the best music player I've ever used.

I'll have to give this a look, I've been looking for a descent music player in Linux, I'm currently using Banshee.

On Windows I use Foobar 2K.
Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see.
One chants out between two worlds
Fire walk with me.
I used to run Ubuntu but my pcs wireless card support in linux is shit so I switched back to windows. I tried several in linux like clementine and rockbox but never liked any of them. I wish I would have known about that command line library then.
Quote by Helloween4Ever
MediaMonkey works wonders with my ipod, I'd never change.

I gave Monkey a try but wasn't real impressed on PC, I've also tried Winamp and Foobar and I like both of those better than Monkey
Quote by BL1NDSIDE-J
I used to run Ubuntu but my pcs wireless card support in linux is shit so I switched back to windows. I tried several in linux like clementine and rockbox but never liked any of them. I wish I would have known about that command line library then.

Ubuntu is the worst Linux distro. You should install Arch Linux instead. I've been running Arch Linux for many years and have no complaints.

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal

Quote by rg_metal
Ubuntu is the worst Linux distro. You should install Arch Linux instead. I've been running Arch Linux for many years and have no complaints.

I'll give it a look
Linux Mint with Clementine and XBMC.
Arch is a pain on my system (multi-GPU) but is worth considering.
I used Winamp/VLC when I was on XP, now I am on Fedora and pretty happy with VLC.
I love VLC but I only use VLC for videos. The main thing I love about MOC is that is extremely fast and lightweight. There is absolutely no extra BS in the background running like all the other bloated music software. Also, I love that it can be ran as a media server/daemon hidden from view. For example, I play the death.fm radio .pls on MOC and basically I just click out of the terminal and it will still play the music without the terminal being on the desktop. If you want to stop it, you can simply open another terminal and open moc and SHIFT + Q and you are done. Just out of the way and super fast... no lag... no BS.

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

i use windows media player cuz i'm a noob and i'm not picky
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
I like iTunes
-ltd mh-350fr
-ltd ec-401
-Ibanez RGA42FM
-peavey valveking 112
-line 6 spider iii 30 watt
-pedalz
Zune and iTunes, for music. I still have a Zune 30 I use as my main mp3 player and the Zune software organizes everything easily on an HP laptop. iTunes for my phone and my MBP, cause why not? I've tried winamp and wmp, but they don't organize music they way I like. Really I just need three basic ways to arrange my music, by artist, by album and by song name and shuffle any of those groups.

For videos/movies I use VLC. Volume at 200%, how can you resist?
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Winamp with a DFX plugin for music playback, VLC for video. Though Itunes gets a bit of the use as well, just to organise it to one standard; I've used it for so long that I"m just used to the way it runs, so I get good use out of it. The Winamp library gets dynamically updated by monitoring folders.

tried Foobar as well as a bunch of others, but never particularly liked the interfaces and the way they worked. But I'm on a Windows system, so I don't have much to say in regards to a Linux set up.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
I use Itunes only because I don't want to take the time to sort the ridiculous amounts of music I have scattered all over my laptop. I wish I had a program that could just find all of my music files, put the correct info, and put it in one place.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
I use itunes because it plays nice with my ipod and my phone. There are things I dislike about it but nothing annoying enough to make me use something else.
last.fm
"the waves have now a redder glow..."
Foobar2000, does EVERYTHING itunes does, and more (yes include sync my ipod) without being a bloaty piece of shit.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
It's also HIGHLY customizable, can take a little playing with, but just google Foobar2000 skins and look at the options, a lot of them are crazy cool. I have quite a basic set up, it looks like this:

The waveform at the bottom doubles as a seek bar.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!