Hi

I'm considering buying one of these two guitars. Apart from the colour, the only difference between them is that the LC195s has a two piece maple top while the LC200 has a one piece mahogany top.
I've read that maple top takes away part of the warmth of the guitar but it also gives it a more distinctive les paul sound through the bright highes. What is your opinion as far as tone concerning the difference between the maple top and the mahogany top woods? As anyone tried these two guitars? I don't have the opportunity to try them before buying...
I really like the round sound of the clean tones of mahogany but I fear that the LC200 may sound boring when soloing up high with distortion, and that this guitar may lack the dynamics the maple top can provide when soloing...
I guess that using gibsons for comparison would yield the same conclusion.
What is your opinion?
Thanks!
i haven't tried both (or either, really), but that's the theory, yeah. maple adds some brightness (in some people's opinion, "much-needed brightness" though others would likely disagree), mahogany won't.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?