So I got a new iPhone, and when my stupid ass plugged it into my computer for the first time, I accidentally told it to "restore to iPod", and I lost my numbers and messages. I don't suppose it is possible to reverse that since I never created a restore on my computer for the iPhone?

Also, is it possible I could change this so it doesn't read my iPhone and iPod as the same thing?

Thanks
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
LOL why would you plug your phone into your computer #w0w
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Wasn't even thinking about it, my phone and ipod were side by side :/

Also, is there a way to take facebook contacts off of my phone contacts?
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
lel
iphone
wat were u thinking m8?
wow.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
If you're not going to actually answer my questions like a reasonable person then just don't post
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I don't think you can reverse it without a restore point. Does your carrier have a backup service? I know Verizon gives the option to sync all of your contacts to their network, so you can just download them to your phone if you get a new one.

Also, weird that it recognizes them as the same thing. I've plugged different iPods, and even an iPhone (my girlfriend's) into my laptop, and iTunes always recognized them as different devices.
Asking the pit seemed more reasonable than just calling Apple's support line?
Quote by daytripper75
I don't think you can reverse it without a restore point. Does your carrier have a backup service? I know Verizon gives the option to sync all of your contacts to their network, so you can just download them to your phone if you get a new one.

Also, weird that it recognizes them as the same thing. I've plugged different iPods, and even an iPhone (my girlfriend's) into my laptop, and iTunes always recognized them as different devices.

I have Sprint so idk if they have that, I'll find out when I go home tomorrow

And it recognizes it as different devices but when I have it plugged in with iTunes on, it says "Jon's iPod" on one side and then it says iPhone on the other.

Thanks for the feedback though. Worst case scenario, I dig up my old Blackberry and put the contacts in there manually. If the messages are gone, that sucks but I guess they're gone
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by AxeToFall
Asking the pit seemed more reasonable than just calling Apple's support line?

I was getting ready to, I was just wondering if anyone knew about this since I was in here at the moment
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I think you're ****ed dude.

Rule #1 of having an iPhone (really anything that interfaces with iTunes, actually) is always have a complete backup somewhere, because sooner or later iTunes is going to screw it up whether it is your fault or not.

You might be able to restore it, but chances are you are going to have to start all over again.

Not to get onto the "you should have got an Android phone" bandwagon, but one of the really awesome things about Android is that everything syncs with your gmail account associated with the phone, so even if you do wipe the phone and lose all contacts, apps, voicemail and such, there is still a hard copy somewhere on Google's end that you can just re-sync with.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
lolphone
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
If you're not going to actually answer my questions like a reasonable person then just don't post
Reasonable person

the pit
ggg1 ggg3

Did you have iCloud turned on?

If so simply re-enable it and it will restore your contacts etc.

If not you're pretty much screwed.

I've never seen 2 different devices conflated before, nor am I clear on how one can 'accidentally' restore to the wrong backup?

As for the facebook contacts: Settings > Facebook > Contacts (off)
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Nov 7, 2013,
Idk man I finally gave in and updated iTunes and iOs 7 and it's proven to be one of the biggest mistakes of my life. I hate Apple more every day man
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Quote by Thrill-house
That sucks, I'm still using my cellphone from 2007 and it works perfectly fine.

+1 **** yeah

I don't understand why you have an iphone and an ipod though, It's like, I'm gonna get this car, and then the same car with a phone.
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Yeah I'm pretty much screwed, I just got the iPhone last weekend so I never got around to doing that stuff. I can get the numbers back anyway, I'm moreso annoyed that my messages are gone because I like to reread them but oh well I guess. Thanks to those that replied
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Yeah they're still there, I'm going home tomorrow so I'll be able to obtain them
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by stonyman65

Not to get onto the "you should have got an Android phone" bandwagon, but one of the really awesome things about Android is that everything syncs with your gmail account associated with the phone, so even if you do wipe the phone and lose all contacts, apps, voicemail and such, there is still a hard copy somewhere on Google's end that you can just re-sync with.

iPhone has the same options.

As for getting his contacts back, all he needs to do is first sync his Blackberry to his Google account, then do the same with his iPhone...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Wow
Such terrible
Really iPhone
Very bad feeling for you
"Dude, am I really thinking or am I, just like, thinking that I'm thinking?" -Bill Nye

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
I don't believe the Big Bang