I'm looking for a new bridge and tail piece for my Snakepit Les Paul.

The main reason for the upgrade is that I'm sick of all the black hardware, so I'm going to switch it all out to chrome/cream, to make her look more like the Gibson version.

My question is, I'm not really sure what the difference is between ABR-1, and Nashville styles. Are they interchangeable? How can I tell which is which? Whats the advantage of one vs the other?

From what I've read, I believe that I have an ABR-1. I also read that they are interchangeable, and that the ABR-1 is the way to go, tone wise... but I'm not 100% sure on this.

Also, what brands do you recommend? Seems I'm going through the trouble of changing it all out, I might as well get something thats going to be an improvement over the stock set-up.

From what I've read, tonepro is the way to go, but I'm always open to suggestions!

Cheers!

SP
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
You can not use Gibson or Gibson dimensioned bridges and tail pieces. You must use import spec parts these are metric
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The ABR-1 is usually wire-locked and has 6mm mounting studs. The Nashville has pretty much the same stud spacing, but is a chunkier bridge and has a little more intonation adjustment (it's wider, so the saddles can travel further) - they come with 6mm or 4mm mounting studs. The 6mm studs are adjustable with a screwdriver, whereas the 4mm have to use the thumbwheel. Some people would argue that the Nashville gives better sustain or w/e, but we all know what guitarists are like. IMHO, it's more aesthetic than anything else.

Edit: As Rob has said, you need import/metric parts for an Epiphone, but they're easy to get hold of.

ABR-1:

Nashville:

6mm studs:
Thanks for the response guys!

So how do I go about determining what size exactly I need? I looked on the tonepros site, and it seems that everything is made for US specs?
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
It looks like the one you need is the TonePros T3BT-C:
http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/locking-metric-tune-o-matic-large-posts-2239-p.asp

And unless I'm mistaken, that comes as part of the LPCM02-CH set with a tailpiece:
http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/locking-metric-tune-o-matictailpiece-set-2442-p.asp

Be sure to compare measurements with your current bridge and tailpiece before spending any money though... those things aren't cheap!
Thanks!

Sorry, I didn't see the part where you mentioned I need the metric version. I read it quick as I was going to work

Makes sense now.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112