Bob_Sacamano
UG Board King
238 IQ
i agree with the bit where it says metal sucks
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
deadsmileyface
jesse's dead
2,011 IQ
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

it's supposed to be ironic. the website is actually a metal blog.

but you probably already knew that, didn't you? you bastard
Last edited by deadsmileyface at Nov 8, 2013,
SkepsisMetal
✈ 🍁
1,468 IQ
Half the time it's their own damn fault.
So many videos of metal bands with women in are no different to videos of Katy Perry or Nicki Minaj with all the flaunting of half-naked "look at me I'm female"-ness. In This Moment, Huntress, The Agonist, Ackercocke, Kittie, Halestorm, Lacuna Coil. All guilty of it. None are particularly good.
captainsnazz
~
578 IQ
tl;dr
But I will say that metal is pretty sexist overall.

^ yeah cos discrimination based on how someone chooses to dress/not dress is fine
EDIT: actually cos I didn't read the article you might not be saying what I thought you were saying
vIsIbleNoIsE
The Asian-Viking Paradox
1,540 IQ
Quote by SkepsisMetal
So many videos of metal bands with women in are no different to videos of Katy Perry or Nicki Minaj with all the flaunting of half-naked "look at me I'm female"-ness. In This Moment, Huntress, The Agonist, Ackercocke, Kittie, Halestorm, Lacuna Coil. All guilty of it. None are particularly good.

you would lump Akercocke with that lot? at least the sex fits in their case, they have tons of songs with sexual references.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
StewieSwan
Decent User
5,001 IQ
Quote by SkepsisMetal

Yeah. They're torn between a feminist cause and a marketing ploy that makes them money. Of course they're gonna spring for the money.
666atheist666
Cavalcade
razor sharp
1,942 IQ
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
you would lump Akercocke with that lot? at least the sex fits in their case, they have tons of songs with sexual references.

That makes it worse. It means that image seeps into their lyrics too.
Hydra150
cutebutt mcsexyface
1,793 IQ
the only metal women should be in is a sturdy chastity belt
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga
1,184 IQ
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

+1
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
vIsIbleNoIsE
The Asian-Viking Paradox
1,540 IQ
Quote by Cavalcade
That makes it worse. It means that image seeps into their lyrics too.

do you listen to them? i don't want to turn into Akercocke defender man, but i feel like you don't. a lot of the sexual references are relatively subtle. also, they're a bunch of dudes playing death metal with gutturals.

i'm just saying that i think they're a different case.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Last edited by vIsIbleNoIsE at Nov 7, 2013,
snipelfritz
Senior Fun Correspondent
1,554 IQ
Plenty of women like/play metal. They're just all fat and ugly.

I don't know I've been in bands with women before and I'm starting a band now with a female drummer. It won't be metal but whatevs who cares?

Give me your opinion about this article: the.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
KerNeL_KLuTcH
A Meanness In This World
3,638 IQ
Quote by SkepsisMetal

You can blame the marketing of the label, every female-fronted band on Century Media *cough* Lacuna Coil *cough* Arch Enemy *cough*. So many shots of just the frontwomen and not the whole band, sex sell plain and simple.
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
rockingamer2
Larmarky Remark
408 IQ
She's complaining that a female metal singer was asked about what it was like to be a woman in a male dominated field. Really? To think that question isn't relevant or important is quite stupid.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
a7xb4d
Oops
306 IQ
Yeah, I can get behind this article. No need to create a divide with questions like that.
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by rockingamer2
She's complaining that a female metal singer was asked about what it was like to be a woman in a male dominated field. Really? To think that question isn't relevant or important is quite stupid.

That's the whole point though; it shouldn't be considered relevant or important. Seriously, why does the sex of a performer/musician matter, even if the genre is male dominated? Isn't the important thing the music and the band?

What makes it worse is that apparently a Feminist Magazine asked that question. That's like a kick in the teeth to their readers.
rockingamer2
Larmarky Remark
408 IQ
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
That's the whole point though; it shouldn't be considered relevant or important. Seriously, why does the sex of a performer/musician matter, even if the genre is male dominated? Isn't the important thing the music and the band?

What makes it worse is that apparently a Feminist Magazine asked that question. That's like a kick in the teeth to their readers.

A woman's view of a male dominated culture that has a penchant for hyper-masculinity is a legitimate angle. It's a valid question. Just because it doesn't focus on the music or the band doesn't mean it's a bad question.
Also, of course a feminist magazine would ask that question, why wouldn't it?

EDIT: Huh, it's just a Q&A. I agree that titling a Q&A in a way that highlights just ONE issue is quite dumb, and shoe-horning the "woman in metal" topic is out of place. My post assumed it was a question or two about being a woman in metal in a more traditional interview article.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Nov 8, 2013,
Cianyx
UG Nerd
1,216 IQ
Unless its bringing something legitimately new or of concern to the table, it's inane and will contribute nothing but dumb sound bytes. The best course of action is to not even engage this

There's a Korean rapper named jackie chain with long, luscious hair that grew up in the deep south and makes trap music. Should we give him an interview too?
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
153 IQ
Women are too intelligent and aesthetically minded to enjoy metal.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
JackSaints
Titleless Peasant
213 IQ
The article makes a fair point
When I see that some woman is in a metal band the first thing I want to ask is "are they good?" which is the questions you usually ask after hearing of a band

Thing is, any time there is a woman in a band (even an ugly one), they will always get more attention that the other members purely for being female, which is dumb

If you have a hot woman in your band you are 90% more likely to get somewhere which is totally unfair

MEN'S RIGHTS! MEN'S RIGHTS NOW!
I have nothing important to say