Hi guys,

I have a PRS SE 25th anniversary custom, and I tuned it down a whole step from standard. When soloing in the lower tuning, I love how easy it is to play.

I was wondering, can I keep the lower strong tension but tune up to standard? Is there a truss rod or bridge adjustment I could make to create a new balance with less tension in the strings?

Thanks
only problem is, if you use lighter strings and then tune down, well then you have wet noodles.

the key is finding a string gauge that works best for most of what you want to play, and playing enough / doing exercises so that your hand is strong enough for the bends etc.

or, buy another guitar for a separate gauge / tuning.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
A shorter scale length gives you lower tension for the same equivalent note so something with a 24.75" scale length like an SG would be a little more comfortable than your PRS, but as the PRS is 25" there's not as much of a difference if you were comparing with a 25.5" scale guitar like a Fender.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com