I currently play in a metal band and a church worship band..

Which one is a better choice?

If you have any other reccomendations im and open book

---ONLY 5 STRING---

Yamaha TRBX305

Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass V
Either one would be a pretty solid choice.

Any chance you can try them out for yourself? Because at the end of the day it's going to come down to how it feels in your hands.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Go the Yammy.
The Squiers are great basses, well built and sound fantastic, but thing I've noticed with them is they use really poor wood for the necks. I've seen heaps of them with twisted necks and maxed out truss rods. I've got one downstairs that just isn't worth saving.
The Yamahas are also well built and sound fantastic, and that nice five piece is going to be a lot more stable.

If the sound and feel of the Squier suits you by all means buy it, just be aware it's not going to be the last bass you'll ever buy and hold onto your receipt for the warranty period.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
I absolutely love my VM Jazz, super solid and sounds amazing.

Edit: The Vintage Modified is a great series, stay away from Bullet and Affinity because those are the bad Squiers people are talking about.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Last edited by jthm_guitarist at Nov 8, 2013,
The yamaha or an Ibanez SR305. The squier seriously sucks imo, due to poor quality of wood.
Quote by Karl Marx
Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.
I'd go with the Squier VM. Excellent instrument, well-built and reliable.

I don't know what people are talking about with the "poor wood" stuff.
Squier basses are extremely common among players around here, i've worked myself with quite a few throughout the years, and i don't have a bad thing to say about them.

The only problem that i had with a couple of Squier P-Bass was the bottom strap pin becoming loose and coming off. Easily solved with a couple of toothpicks and super glue in the hole to tighten it up again.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by jthm_guitarist
I absolutely love my VM Jazz, super solid and sounds amazing.

Edit: The Vintage Modified is a great series, stay away from Bullet and Affinity because those are the bad Squiers people are talking about.

No I was talking about all of them. The wood is still all speed grown and grabbed from the same pile. Most of those necks won't last.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
I've played in both a metal band and a church worship band with a Yamaha RBX375 (similar to what you posted).

It worked well for both of them. The reason I've stopped playing it though is because it's neck is massive. Maybe it's just me, but it's the most uncomfortable neck I've ever dealt with. That being said, I'd pick it over a Squier 5 string any day. From my experience with that, Squiers just don't sound or feel right with a B string.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
Quote by Rawshik
I've played in both a metal band and a church worship band with a Yamaha RBX375 (similar to what you posted).

It worked well for both of them. The reason I've stopped playing it though is because it's neck is massive. Maybe it's just me, but it's the most uncomfortable neck I've ever dealt with. That being said, I'd pick it over a Squier 5 string any day. From my experience with that, Squiers just don't sound or feel right with a B string.

i thought the 375 neck was nigh on perfect, thats just me though!

i'd go for the yamaha every time. though, i'm probably some kind of fanboy..
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
As a guy who owns both a Yamaha and a Squire, I say you should go for the Yamaha.
Get the Yamaha since Fender 5ers have tubby low b strings.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
From my experience Yamahas are good if they are a bit more expensive ( 800+ euros ).

I'd probably go with the Squier Vintage Modified. But I am not sure, since I haven't played that exact Yamaha model. Though I DID play a similar, 35 inch scale model.

Quote by jthm_guitarist

Exactly. Classic Vibe is good too. And the Standard series should NEVER EVER become a standard.
Last edited by realsmoky at Nov 10, 2013,