Ello lads

I'm after a stacked bucker for the bridge of my MIM Tele

I've been looking at the Lil' 59 and the Hot Rails by Seymour Duncan

Anyone had some experience with these?

Any alternatives that will fit the bill?

I'm looking for something that's a bit thicker with some higher mids and less farty low end than the stock pup that's in there (read: crap).

I play everything from country to metal so I don't want something that's super duper high output, however if it's sensitive to the volume/tone knobs I can make it work.

Would also prefer something with a coil split ability as I want to be able to split it for country/blues stuff

Tall order, I know.

Cheers!
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Check out the Dimarzio Chopper and Tone Zone. It's what Richie Kotzen uses. Probably my next pup purchase. For a cheaper alternative I hear the GFS rail pups are pretty good for the price, which is like $50 for the pair.
Ibanez SR1200E
I had the Lil 59. I thought it was pretty cool. It was in a Strat, and it definitely worked for everything alternative I played.
You should look at GFS Lil Pinchers (splitable mini hums). They came in a Tele that I got in trade. Nice full sound, and when split they have that Tele sound you would expect.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
I found my Hot Rails to be sensitive to the volume control. They are fantastic pickups, try them out if you can, they aren't for everyone
Main Rig:

Epiphone MKH Les Paul Custom 7 - Ronda
Ibanez RG8 "Scarlet" - AKA The Rambanez
Fender Strat "Danielle"/"Dani"
Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

Purchase list: Jim Root Tele, Jim Root Jazzmaster, MTM20
Yeah im not a fan of the SD Hot Rails. It just masks the somewhat crappy tone by having a mega huge output. The Lil 59 would probably be better.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
lil punchers seem to be the go so far..

any other opinions? weigh ins?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
I'm a fan of the dimarzios check
them out reasonable price and
versatile.
I have a set of the little punchers hot lead in a tele. They sound pretty good, but I would get the medium output version if I were you, they just sound a little better to me.

I had a Tele with a SD JBJr in the bridge. It was a Strat pickup that I had the baseplate removed and stuck it in the Tele baseplate. It sounded great, on of the best Tele sounds I have heard (think bright LP tone).
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I stuck a Lil 59 in the bridge of my tele because I wanted a thicker tone than the stock single coil. It certainly thickens it up, and has a lot of mids. It's really tight sounding without being sterile and responds well to manipulating the knobs. Needless to say, I quite enjoy it. However, it won't cop that classic tele bridge pup tone. It can come close, and sounds decently twangy on it's own, but at some point I want to throw a coil split or series/parallel switch in there to see if I can get it to have a little more single coil character. I found myself having the same dilemma I have with all pups: I love humbuckers for overdriven tones but single coils for cleans. The Lil 59 is a great pup that excels at grit and OD but isn't quite as good as a good single coil for cleans.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
I'm planning to do a 4/5 way switch upgrade and a split pot too for a coil tap with the new stacked bucker.

Is the lil 59 bright enough with a 250k pot or should I up it to 500k?
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Stay classy, pit.
Oh it's a PAF it'll be bright enough. Having said that, i'd recommend 500k on almost anything, including the Lil 59
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
why is that? wouldn't it get a bit ice pickish?
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Stay classy, pit.