So i built an AX84. It is all wired and what not but i have a major problem. I'm getting no sound from it. The voltages seems a tad high through the power tube but it isn't running too hot. The plates certainly aren't getting red or anything in fact it seems to look perfect. I have it plugged into a cabinet (of course) I went through and reflowed all of the solder joints they all look wonderfully shiny and smooth. Based on the schematic and the board layout pictures everything should be fine. Anyone have any ideas?
~My Gear~
68 Sunn Sorado
Acoustic 4x12
89 Epiphone LP Honeyburst
Boss ME-70

Fender Dreadnought Acoustic
Ibanez RG350DX
Blackstar HT-5R
Orange CR35LDX
Vox Tonelab ST
tat could literally be anything

you could have burned a part while soldering it in

make sure none of your cables are broken and your tubes work fine
or thats theres no ground shorts
AX84 P1 with the variable bias option (haven't installed that yet. wanted to wait until i had it working to mod it)
~My Gear~
68 Sunn Sorado
Acoustic 4x12
Boss ME-70

Ibanez RG350DX
Blackstar HT-5R
Orange CR35LDX
Vox Tonelab ST
Cool. I'm guessing it's something simple (usually is). Can you post a couple of pictures of the guts? Another set of eyes always helps.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
Yes i will when i have them. As my first build it may look a bit messy but the solder joints are all clean. Any that could have been dirty i re-did a few weeks after doing the initial wiring and i reflowed all of the possibly suspect ones. I'm wondering if it might be a solder joint to one of the pots cases but i don't think that would completely render the amp soundless would it?
~My Gear~
68 Sunn Sorado
Acoustic 4x12
Boss ME-70

Ibanez RG350DX
Blackstar HT-5R
Orange CR35LDX
Vox Tonelab ST
There are about 5,001 possibilities, many of which involve pots.

EDIT: Also - in my experience a dry solder joint will tend to either just reduce the volume or will lead to intermittant failure.

I'm guessing that it's something simple (example: you wired the signal wire to pin 3 instead of pin 2 or something similar). I've built about 20 amps in the last 8 years and it wasn't until my 4th or 5th that I had sound the first time I tried it. Sh!t happens, we'll figure it out.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
Last edited by DLrocket89 at Nov 11, 2013,