I'm planning to get a new guitar, i currently have a grx20 gio, i went to a local store and fell in love with a prs torero but maybe i can get something better or similar, that's why i am here

Budget?: 1000 usd

Favorite Artists?: opeth, dream theater, tool, dark tranquility

Preferences?: I want a 24 frets guitar, maybe an lp or strat shape, i don't like guitars that look like an axe , also i would like a floyd on it

Pickups?: humbuckers

New or Used?: as long as it can play i don't care

Location?: mexico city

Current Gear? ibanez grx20 and a peavey valveking 112
For those styles I would highly recommend that you upgrade your amp as well. With that budget you could pick up a used LTD MH-1000 and a Peavey JSX. It's kinda hard to nail Opeth, Dark Tranquility, and Tool tones with the same amp, but I feel a JSX would be a good compromise between them.

EDIT: I was able to get Opeth-like tones from the Jet City JCA100H that I had. They make a 50W combo that's like the heads, I would check them out as well.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Nov 8, 2013,
Quote by Flux'D
For those styles I would highly recommend that you upgrade your amp as well. With that budget you could pick up a used LTD MH-1000 and a Peavey JSX. It's kinda hard to nail Opeth, Dark Tranquility, and Tool tones with the same amp, but I feel a JSX would be a good compromise between them.

EDIT: I was able to get Opeth-like tones from the Jet City JCA100H that I had. They make a 50W combo that's like the heads, I would check them out as well.

the guitar looks very cool, i will search it on my local store, btw between the ltd and the torero which one is better?, or they are completely different?, about the amplifier i only found the jsx, looks very cool but is as expensive as my budget
Quote by iamthedanger

Preferences?: I want a 24 frets guitar, maybe an lp or strat shape, i don't like guitars that look like an axe , also i would like a floyd on it

Any of the Carvins. Used if you're looking for one of the Carved Tops (single or double cutaway) with 24 frets, used OR new if you're looking for any of the superstrat/singlecut/flat top shapes (most all have 24 frets). Floyds available on any of the models.

Custom Agiles (LP and Strat shapes) can be had with 24 frets and Floyds in several scales and with several choices of string numbers (7-string, 8-string, etc.). Rondo Music dot com

Variax JTV 89F (strat shape, F = Floyd, 24 frets). You might have to wait a bit to find a used one with a price under $1000 (they've only just hit the bricks).

Gibson LS-6 reissue (used).

Various Schecters, Godins, etc.
I'd say go for the Torero; very solid guitar that will allow you to play virtually whatever you want.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
i would go carvin DC or bolt. you can get into a CT as well, but generally that is a higher priced model due to the top, and with a base line DC you can trick it out with all the add ons. base line about 800, 200 to play with.

however, i agree, ideally, the amp needs an upgrade.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
i went to my local store today, but they didn't have any of the brands mentioned by dspellman and ikey_ , but they have the ltd mh-1000 and i found it very comfortable and i liked the sound, they only sell, fender/squier, ibanez, esp/ltd, prs, cort, jackson, dean and gibson/epiphone, any suggestion?