Page 1 of 2
Been thinking about this.

Sometimes I lay awake and wonder whether I could have done more or become someone better than I am. Maybe followed a different career path, moved somewhere else. Does anyone else feel like this?

But sometimes I look at my friends who spent lots of money on a degree which got them nowhere even though they were really smart and think "Well, shit, maybe being average is ok."

Others have totally gone off the rails too. So, could be worse, right?
I definitely feel like you should be better.

At making threads.

Legitly though yeah a little bit. Well like not really, but I don't try as hard as I could. I'm not that far off though.
Last edited by captainsnazz at Nov 8, 2013,
Yeah. Made some mistakes, have a few regrets. I was thinking earlier of stuff that I would go back and change, but it's probably not the best thing to worry about.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
There's a lot of things I wish I could go back and change

There's also lots of things I wish I could go out and do but I'm too afraid of the change
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
I honestly think if anyone says 'no', they don't have very good perception of the person they could be.

#cheesebuttruth

(lol looks like butt truth)
Hell yeah. But the thing about being human is that no matter how good or bad you are doing, you can always do better. In the end does it really matter? I don't think it does and because of that, I'm not gonna stress about it
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
I feel like you ask yourself this question every time before you hit the New Thread button.

Only better in this case means "can I make an even shittier thread and be less of a person than before?"

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Baby Joel
I honestly think if anyone says 'no', they don't have very good perception of the person they could be.

#cheesebuttruth

(lol looks like butt truth)

I'm gonna make a cartoon with a character named "Cheese-Butt Ruth".
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
think about it this way: in any other situation, you wouldn't be you. you would be a different person. so hypothetical comparisons are not worth thinking about.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
I'm like the worst person in the world. I could almost effortlessly change a few things about myself to be a better person and I still don't even consider it. I am like living proof that karma doesn't exist... or it's just really, really slow.
Listen. I'm sorry.
all the time. I ****ed myself over by not making the right decision and now my life is shit
ayy lmao
The past is the past. No need to live in your regrets, just look forward and Improve.

Except this thread. You should totally regret it. Its my first post on UG since April and its all your fault
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Hell yes. That's why, after I got canned from my last job early this year, I went back to college, started exercising, lost 35 pounds, and started having a social life again. That feeling is the reason people get up and change things.

Yeah, I regret a lot of decisions I made, but you can't go back and change anything. The future is the only thing you have a shot at changing.
I lost my job in May, my Fiance broke up with me (not related to job), and I had lost all my friends in AZ to either drugs or drama so I moved to Washington. Six months later I have no job, no money, no friends and am constantly alone. SWIM gets high all day just so they don't have to remember any of that shit. You know that scene from The Wall? Where he's just sitting there with a full cig of ashes staring blankly at the TV? That's my life. I go to class, don't talk to anybody unless it's my group, and even then it's all related to the project. I try, try, try to make connections with other people but I just can't. Then I go home to browse the internet all day and get nothing done. I fill out endless job apps just to be turned down because of my (admittedly shoddy) work history. I'm trying to get my life together but it's not working that way. I miss that human connection. It probably doesn't help that I'm still heartbroken over my ex, I was prepared to lay down all my dreams of living in Europe working for RBR or McLaren, just to start a life and have a family with her. I don't have dreams anymore.

All in all it was all just bricks in the wall...
In diesem Herz hab ich die Macht.

Gear:
Fender MIM HSS Strat (Wine Red)
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
All the time. If people don't have the motivation to improve, they never will.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Nov 8, 2013,
I know I can be better so I go and make myself better. With a few exceptions, it's mostly my fault if I stay mediocre
cat
Yeah. Everyone has always had high expectations of me and I feel like I've let them down. I'm only 18 so I have a lot of time to improve but I feel like I should be doing better.
Lifes a grave and I dig it!
yup keep trying because improving one thing can definitely lead to improvements in something else, and so forth until almost everything is improved. Some things are more challenging than others though, and they may take forever.

I just wish my genetics were kinder to me. Chron's + asthma + bad joints + bad back + bad skin.

I really feel like I pulled the short straw.

Mentally I feel good though. I feel through all of my issues I've actually come out a lot wiser in certain areas than a lot of people my age. I've always been considered an 'old soul' even as a youngster. I guess illness ages you

Of course everyone can improve themselves though
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Of course I could be a better person. My problem is that I'm too lazy to change.
Quote by guitarxo
I know I can be better so I go and make myself better. With a few exceptions, it's mostly my fault if I stay mediocre

I pretty much have the same mindset. I would go into more detail but nah

As long as the me of today is better than the me of yesterday I'm content.
There are things I want to improve that I could be better at if I put in the work.
There are things I wish to be better at, but aren't sure if I'm actually cut out for it.
Then there are things that I could be better at, but don't bother to actually go through with, cus why should I burn my nerves when its not appreciated.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
All the time. If people don't have the motivation to improve, they never will.

Meh, I'm hoping to just be lazy and improve by accident.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Wherever you go there you are.

Every day you make tiny choices that greatly affect your life, in one way or the other, whether you are aware or not, whether they are intentional or not. Maybe you overslept for a final exam (like I have) but maybe what you didn't know is that if you had woken up, you would have gotten hit by a car on the way to class.

I know a guy who lifts weights all the time and is in prime condition but recently had a heart attack.

Whether you win or lose is up to your own perception of it. Lower your standards and bask in perfection, or make your standards unattainable, its up to you.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I feel like you ask yourself this question every time before you hit the New Thread button.

Only better in this case means "can I make an even shittier thread and be less of a person than before?"

But really though, the real question is this:

Why aren't you changing currently? If you look to the past and deem that things should be different or you should be better, then the only thing you can realistically do to affect any change is change immediately. Otherwise this entire thread becomes throat slit worthy, as with most of your threads; though not necessarily is that down to the emo threads.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
literally all ****ing day but whatevs at least Im not bent over a public toilet somewhere overdosing on H
pinga
There is no point in spending all your time regretting your past. It's a waste of time. If there's something you regret, don't do it again. If you can be a better person, be a better person. The past happened, you can't change it no matter how much you wish you could. You can change your future very easily, by learning from your past and adjusting what you do in the present. It's a simple concept that seems to be hard for people to learn. Do you want to be 80 years old thinking "shit, I spent my whole life bitching about what could have been and I never changed what going to come "

You have one life, don't flush it down the toilet.
Of course....

Some settle for mediocrity and they're complete content with basking in that kind of existence....

but I need more.... much more....
I've gone as far in my profession as I could want to in the time I've had, and have met all my goals up to this point. Really couldn't be doing better, but who knows what the future holds. I don't waste time comparing myself to others.
My God, it's full of stars!
yes. like every day. that's why i ended up transferring colleges for music production instead of going for electrical engineering/automation (and possibly making $30 an hour out of graduation).

and sometimes i wonder if i'll regret that decision to change my decision, but the decision's been made and it's better than regretting not deciding to make a decision.
People who respond to this by saying "i hav no regr3ts" are missing the point. You can look back to see how you could've been different, not out of regret, but to learn.

Now, if we're worse off than we should be, then it stands to reason that there's something preventing us from unlocking our potential/being where we should/etc. That something might be hanging out with the wrong crowd, being a poor judge of character, being likely to throw away your life for a relationship, being a pushover, etc.

It's hard to figure out how to improve oneself without looking back. You might be able to improve your life without any introspective thought. But not yourself.
I could be a lot more successful, but I doubt I could be much happier
Quote by progdude93
People who respond to this by saying "i hav no regr3ts" are missing the point. You can look back to see how you could've been different, not out of regret, but to learn.

Dis nigga geddits.
until last december, i spent the previous 11 years burning every bridge possible in my life, with everyone and everything imaginable. i had literally reached "rock bottom". i had nothing but a job, house, and vehicle. everything can only get (and steadily has been getting) better.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Last edited by Strato-Massacre at Nov 10, 2013,
Quote by Philip_pepper
Sometimes I lay awake and wonder whether I could have done more or become someone better than I am.

Are you dead? No? Then stop bitching and go be the person you wish you were.
"This one is machine and nerve, and has its mind concluded
This one is but flesh and faith, and is the more deluded."
Dwelling on the past is futile imo; you can spend your whole live mulling over bad decisions and regrets and get nowhere. Trying to improve your current situation is the best way to forget about regrets, as I've found out lately.
Everybody does, hindsight is perfect.

If anyone says yolo (that doesn't count) they should be banned.
Page 1 of 2