Page 2 of 3
Quote by Helloween4Ever
The 2nd page of this thread is total false.

Prepare to be defalsified in Eb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca2EszjyjVw

Medieeval steeeel, cuts false like a knife
Warriors on the baaattlefieeeld
Laying down their lives for kvlt

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by pAWNlol
http://youtu.be/ypAC2bxarmQ havent really been a big fan of motorhead, but their new song heartbreaker is pretty sweet

Why don't you just tell us you hate the metal gods!?! It's fucking Lemmy. No one can say he or she likes metal and dislike Motorhead. I'm going to make a fucking ruling on this right now. You don't insult Lemmy. Period. Next thing you're going to be saying Quorthon is mediocre!
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by The Virtuoso
Why don't you just tell us you hate the metal gods!?! It's fucking Lemmy. No one can say he or she likes metal and dislike Motorhead. I'm going to make a fucking ruling on this right now. You don't insult Lemmy. Period. Next thing you're going to be saying Quorthon is mediocre!

at what point did i insult either lemmy, or motorhead? i actually think lemmy is a ****ing awesome dude
im only saying theyre not a band id go out of my way to listen to

Last edited by pAWNlol at Nov 11, 2013,
^You insult Lemmy by not being a fan of Motorhead. You can't just walk into an American Literature class and say, "You know, I'm not a big fan of William Faulkner." The same applies for a few metal bands (Sabbath, Priest, Motorhead, etc.) I'm curious, how much Motorhead have you actually listened to? And given your recent admission of not even knowing who Kalmah or Dark Tranquillity were, I'm willing to bet you don't like them because you haven't actually listened to them. Just a thought. Prove me wrong if you want of course.

Observe:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHVBN3ukp-Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJG4jdXHitY
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by The Virtuoso
^You insult Lemmy by not being a fan of Motorhead. You can't just walk into an American Literature class and say, "You know, I'm not a big fan of William Faulkner." The same applies for a few metal bands (Sabbath, Priest, Motorhead, etc.) I'm curious, how much Motorhead have you actually listened to? And given your recent admission of not even knowing who Kalmah or Dark Tranquillity were, I'm willing to bet you don't like them because you haven't actually listened to them. Just a thought. Prove me wrong if you want of course.

so, every band that im not a fan of, im insulting? seems legit

also, are YOU a fan of william faulkner?
Last edited by pAWNlol at Nov 11, 2013,
Quote by pAWNlol
so, every band that im not a fan of, im insulting? seems legit

also, are YOU a fan of william faulkner?

I am just going to stop responding to you if you keep posting memes like a little kid. Of course it you just want me to leave you alone, then that's fine. My point is this: You self identify as a metalhead, yet you claim you are not a big fan of Motorhead, who are one of the biggest, and most influential bands in the genre. I find this somewhat perplexing. I am not going to tell you that you have to like Motorhead, but I am trying to convince you that perhaps you should like them because not only are they very important in metal history, but I think they are a great band, and I think anyone who claims to like metal should at least familiarize him or herself with the genre's greats. Before some of you internet trolls try to jump down my throat, notice that I am making a value claim. I am not saying that objectively Motorhead is the finest band in existence, but I am saying instead that I think, if you identify with this genre, then you ought to at least respect Motorhead's contribution if not just be a fan of the band. I am putting forth more of an opinion than an incontrovertible fact. I certainly could have been clearer, and I was being childish before. My apologies. I am working off the assumption that you don't like them because you don't know them, and my evidence is that you don't even know who Kalmah or Dark Tranquillity are. All I will say is this. Give Ace of Spades or Orgasmatron a chance. You're certainly welcome to dislike them, but please don't just write them off like I assume you are doing. Of course my assumption could be wrong, so please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Also, yes. I am a fan of William Faulkner. I am also majoring in Literature.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Last edited by The Virtuoso at Nov 12, 2013,
I completely disagree with the whole "if you dont like/love X band" thing. That is all. Carry on.

hmm though then again, Ive never considered myself a metalhead so much as a guy that loves music and 80% of what I listen to happens to be metal.
Last edited by NosferatuZodd09 at Nov 12, 2013,
thank you noferatu lol

but let me ask you this virtuoso: do you like EVERY "great" metal band?

you dont have to like every episode of big bang theory to be a fan of it, you dont have to like every horror movie to be a fan of horror, you dont have to like every play to be a fan of broadway, and you dont have to like every car to be a car person (in fact, car people usually talk the most shit on cars)

so now, does one have to like every band in a genre to be a fan of it? or does one only have to enjoy and appreciate it above other genres?

i call myself a metalhead because its been the genre ive related to the most since i was 7, and no amount of bigotry or metal elitism challenging my loyalty will tell me otherwise

also, i do respect motorhead, i respect the shit out of lemmy, and at no point did i say otherwise; you did

for a philosophy and literature major, you certainly seem to take things out of context a lot lol
Quote by pAWNlol
lol uuum, no. ill admit i dont have an extensive musical library, but please dont challenge my knowledge with two VERY well known bands

That was the point... I was comparing Kalmah to those bands because I've met just as many part-time metal fans that are into Kalmah as I have with the afformentioned radio-friendly pop death metal bands. I assure you neither I nor EqualOfHeaven enterprises or any of our affiliates have any intention of challenging your knowledge.

Quote by Cavalcade
Speaking of Quothorn:

Indeed, let's.

I have nothing to say but EQ-UIMAN-THOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRNN
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
I have 4 guitars that I play regularly, they are all tuned to Eb. A buddy I jam with wants to write songs in Drop tunings, I told him "What's next, are we going to start writing 5 minute breakdowns now?"
Last edited by J_W at Nov 12, 2013,
Quote by J_W
I have 4 guitars that I play regularly, they are all tuned to Eb. A buddy I jam with wants to write songs in Drop tunings, I told him "What's next, are we going to start writing 5 minute breakdowns now?"

granted i cant remember the last time i wrote in a dropped tuning (and thats on purpose), theyre not necessarily bad; like many other things in life, its how you use it

(just so you know)
-Tool plays in dropped D
-All that remains (currently) plays in C# standard
Tool > ATR

but still, neither are "the tuning of champions"

http://youtu.be/dKILvAggpYw
@Metal_Head1: It's alright, you aren't missing out on much. There are much better Melodic Death Metal bands than those two.

Also, try Armida's Kiss by Forsaken. I know it isn't Eb standard but the tone is godly.

@The Virtuoso: Back on page 2 you identified me having great tastes in Metal for posting Deceased, thanks for that. I hope I don't ruin it by posting this ( ):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEYZqdA0SL8

The intro riff and solo work by Matias Kupiainen is more or less why I picked this song. Matias added in a lot of fresh work with the jazz/fusion inflections into Power metal which is otherwise dominated by Neo-Baroque wankery. There's also some similar chord progressions to those used in Final Fantasy towards the middle/end of the piece. Nobuo Uematsu most likely got those influences from the Impressionist period so I wouldn't mid betting that those chords were probably derived from Debussy or someone alike.
Jimi Hendrix played in Eb tuning. I think a lot of non-metal artists using it because it's easier to play in as the strings aren't as tight, making bends and whatnot easier on the fingers.
Quote by Barricade_28
Jimi Hendrix played in Eb tuning. I think a lot of non-metal artists using it because it's easier to play in as the strings aren't as tight, making bends and whatnot easier on the fingers.

Yeah I started playing in Eb after practicing some Hendrix songs and I find the tension quite a bit more comfortable for tapping, bending and legato.
I started using D standard after learning that almost all Death songs were written/recorded in that tuning. My guitar hasn't been in any other tuning since then.
Quote by pbiggie
I'm fairly certain they play in Eb

Lifelover played in a lot of different tunings. Most of the songs on Erotik were in C standard. I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that song is in a lower tuning than Eb, sounds like drop C#, but that's just a guess, I haven't seen many other people's opinions on it, a live video or anything else that could confirm this. Good shout though, not enough people in the world appreciate a bit of Llover.
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
All Hail

Lord Fripp Has Descended To Earth To Show Us The Error In Our Ways And Enlighten Us
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
It's a legit tuning alright. Seether use it if I'm not mistaken for broken? Hail a band from my mother country. But legit tuning.
Quote by Sir_Taffey
It's a legit tuning alright. Seether use it if I'm not mistaken for broken? Hail a band from my mother country. But legit tuning.

Seether. In the forum for metal. "Hail" Seether.
The Metal forum's showed amazing restraint by not jumping all over you already, but still, that takes some balls. I like the cut of your jib, son.
Last edited by Cavalcade at Nov 28, 2013,
Quote by Sir_Taffey

…i…i really dont know how to respond to this without being a total asshole

since im still in a good mood from my birthday, then thanksgiving, ill just say "no"