Page 1 of 4
A man went to a hotel and walked up to the front desk to check in. The woman at the desk gave him his key and told him that on the way to his room, there was a door with no number that was locked and no one was allowed in there. Especially no one should look inside the room, under any circumstances. So he followed the instructions of the woman at the front desk, going straight to his room, and going to bed.

The next night his curiosity would not leave him alone about the room with no number on the door. He walked down the hall to the door and tried the handle. Sure enough it was locked. He bent down and looked through the wide keyhole. Cold air passed through it, chilling his eye. What he saw was a hotel bedroom, like his, and in the corner was a woman whose skin was completely white. She was leaning her head against the wall, facing away from the door. He stared in confusion for a while. He almost knocked on the door, out of curiosity, but decided not to.

This disinclination saved his life. He crept away from the door and walked back to his room. The next day, he returned to the door and looked through the wide keyhole. This time, all he saw was redness. He couldn’t make anything out besides a distinct red color, unmoving. Perhaps the inhabitants of the room knew he was spying the night before, and had blocked the keyhole with something red.

At this point he decided to consult the woman at the front desk for more information. She sighed and said, “Did you look through the keyhole?” The man told her that he had and she said, “Well, I might as well tell you the story. A long time ago, a man murdered his wife in that room, and her ghost haunts it. But these people were not ordinary. They were white all over, except for their eyes, which were red.
In diesem Herz hab ich die Macht.

Gear:
Fender MIM HSS Strat (Wine Red)
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
Last edited by sporkface at Nov 8, 2013,
Everybody dies ;_;
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
The Rake

During the summer of 2003, events in the northeastern United States involving a strange, humanlike creature sparked brief local media interest before an apparent blackout was enacted. Little or no information was left intact, as most online and written accounts of the creature were mysteriously destroyed.

Primarily focused in rural New York state, self proclaimed witnesses told stories of thier enounters with a creature of unkown origin. Emotions ranged from extremely traumatic levels of fright and discomfort, to an almost childlike sense of playfulness and curiosity. While their published versions are no longer on record, the memories remained powerful. Several of the involved parties began looking for answers that year.

In early 2006, the collaboration had accumulated nearly two dozen documents dating between the 12th century and present day, spanning 4 continents. In almost all cases, the stories were identical. I’ve been in contact with a member of this group and was able to get some exceprts from their upcoming book.

The Rake

A Suicide Note: 1964

As I prepare to take my life, I feel it necessary to assuage any guilt or pain I have introduced through this act. It is not the fault of anyone other than him. For once I awoke and felt his presence. And once I awoke and saw his form. Once again I awoke and heard his voice, and looked into his eyes. I cannot sleep without fear of what I might next awake to experience. I cannot ever wake. Goodbye.

Found in the same wooden box were two empty envelopes addressed to William and Rose, and one loose personal letter with no envelope.

‘Dearest Linnie,
I have prayed for you. He spoke your name.’

A Journal Entry (translated from Spanish): 1880

I have experience the greatest terror. I have experienced the greatest terror. I have experienced the greatest terror. I see his eyes when I close mine. They are hollow. Black. They saw me and pierced me. His wet hand. I will not sleep. His voice (unintelligible text).

A Mariner’s Log: 1691

He came to me in my sleep. From the foot of my bed I felt a sensation. He took everything. We must return to England. We shall not return here again at the request of the Rake.

From a Witness: 2006

Three years ago, I had just returned from a trip from Niagara Falls with my family for the 4th of July. We were all very exhausted after a long day of driving, so my husband and I put the kids right to bed and called it a night.

At about 4am, I woke up thinking my husband had gotten up to use the restroom. I used the moment to steal back the sheets, only to wake him in the process. I appologized and told him I though he got out of bed. When he turned to face me, he gasped and pulled his feet up from the end of the bed so quickly his knee almost knocked me out of the bed. He then grabbed me and said nothing.

After adjusting to the dark for a half second, I was able to see what caused the strange reaction. At the foot of the bed, sitting and facing away from us, there was what appeared to be a naked man, or a large hairless dog of some sort. It’s body position was disturbing and unnatural, as if it had been hit by a car or something. For some reason, I was not instantly frightened by it, but more concerned as to its condition. At this point I was somewhat under the assumption that we were supposed to help him.

My husband was peering over his arm and knee, tucked into the fetal position, occasionally glancing at me before returning to the creature.

In a flurry of motion, the creature scrambled around the side of the bed, and then crawled quickly in a flailing sort of motion right along the bed until it was less than a foot from my husband’s face. The creature was completely silent for about 30 seconds (or probably closer to 5, it just seemed like a while) just looking at my husband. The creature then placed its hand on his knee and ran into the hallway, leading to the kids’ rooms.

I screamed and ran for the lightswitch, planning to stop him before he hurt my children. When I got to the hallway, the light from the bedroom was enough to see it crouching and hunched over about 20 feet away. He turned around and looked directly at me, covered in blood. I flipped the switch on the wall and saw my daughter Clara.

The creature ran down the stairs while my husband and I rushed to help our daughter. She was very badly injured and spoke only once more in her short life. She said “he is the Rake”.

My husband drove his car into a lake that night, while rushing our daughter to the hospital. He did not survive.

Being a small town, news got around pretty quickly. The police were helpful at first, and the local newspaper took a lot of interest as well. However, the story was never published and the local television news never followed up either.

For several months, my son Justin and I stayed in a hotel near my parent’s house. After we decided to return home, I began looking for answers myself. I eventually located a man in the next town over who had a similar story. We got in contact and began talking about our experiences. He knew of two other people in New York who had seen the creature we now referred to as the Rake.

It took the four of us about two solid years of hunting on the internet and writing letters to come up with a small collection of what we believe to be accounts of the Rake. None of them gave any details, history or follow up. One journal had an entry involving the creature in its first 3 pages, and never mentioned it again. A ship’s log explained nothing of the encounter, saying only that they were told to leave by the Rake. That was the last entry in the log.

There were, however, many instances where the creature’s visit was one of a series of visits with the same person. Multiple people also mentioned being spoken to, my daughter included. This led us to wonder if the Rake had visited any of us before our last encounter.

I set up a digital recorder near my bed and left it running all night, every night, for two weeks. I would tediously scan through the sounds of me rolling around in my bed each day when I woke up. By the end of the second week, I was quite used to the occasional sound of sleep while blurring through the recording at 8 times the normal speed. (This still took almost an hour every day)

On the first day of the third week, I thought I heard something different. What I found was a shrill voice. It was the Rake. I can’t listen to it long enough to even begin to transcribe it. I haven’t let anyone listen to it yet. All I know is that I’ve heard it before, and I now believe that it spoke when it was sitting in front of my husband. I don’t remember hearing anything at the time, but for some reason, the voice on the recorder immediately brings me back to that moment.

The thoughts that must have gone through my daughter’s head make me very upset.

I have not seen the Rake since he ruined my life, but I know that he has been in my room while I slept. I know and fear that one night I’ll wake up to see him staring at me.

Does anybody remember the old thread? I haven't been around in awhile but I still have it stickied, last post was Sept 2010.

Gear:
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
I remember it, I remember that one mining story.

It was such a great story until the end

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Another...

Drip, Drip, Drip

One night a young girl, Lily Foster, is left alone for the night, in her country house, while her parents drove out to town for a party. This was fine with Lily, especially since she had her faithful dog, Scout, protecting her throught the night.

She made herself something to eat, and sat down at the kitchen table. Turning on the radio to her favorite station, she was surprised to hear a news bulleten declaring that an avenged murderer was on the loose. It advised that people secure all windows and doors as a safety precaution. With her dog by her side, the young girl locked the front and back doors. She went from window to window, and locked each of them one at a time. She reassured herself that she would be fine with her trusty dog, and that her parents would be home shortly, anyway.

So, Lily had a pleasant, peaceful evening, and finally decided around eleven o'clock that it was time for bed. She climbed the stairs to her bedroom, and slid under the big, warm blanket on her bed. Before closing her eyes, reached her hand down under the bed, and allowed her dog to lick it- she did this every night, because it comforted her.

A short while later she awoke to the sound of a scratching noise at her bedrooom window. She eyed the window, and reminded herself that the whole house was locked and she was safe. She stuck her hand under her bed and felt her dog's slobbery tongue cross over the palm of her hand. She sighed and went back to sleep. An hour or so later she sat up in bed...She had heard footsteps in the hallway, and crept out of bed to see if it was possibly just her parents returning from their party. Seeing nothing, she returned to bed.

As she was about to stick her hand under the bed, she heard a drip, drip, drip, followed by some footsteps. She walked downstairs into the kitchen and secured the the taps. That surely wasn't the source of the drip. She crept upstairs and climbed into bed. "This is silly," she told herself "I'm probably just imagining things." She stuck her hand under the bed, and felt the dog lick her hand.

An hour later she awoke again. A little mad at this point, she jumped out of bed. The dripping wasn't coming from the kitchen so it must be from the bathroom. She crept along the side of the hallway, and walked into the bathroom. She groped along the side of the wall with her left hand, looking for the light switch. She flicked the light on and gasped.

There, hanging from the shower rod was Scout-skinned-a pool of blood had formed on the bathroom tile with a continuous 'drip, drip, drip' as the blood from the dog hit the ground. Something on the wall caught her eye; written on the wall was a message in blood..."Humans can lick too."

Gear:
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I remember it, I remember that one mining story.

It was such a great story until the end

I remember that! It took me like two hours to read the whole way through, and when it just ended like that I almost flipped my laptop! Still worth it though I'll see if I can't find the link.

Gear:
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
Quote by sporkface
I remember that! It took me like two hours to read the whole way through, and when it just ended like that I almost flipped my laptop! Still worth it though I'll see if I can't find the link.

yeah dude! It took forever

Like, I was dying to finish it, the suspense was phenomenal

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Another couple stories while I hunt for the link:

One school day, a boy named Tom was sitting in class and doing math. It was six more minutes until after school. As he was doing his homework, something caught his eye.

His desk was next to the window, and he turned and looked to the grass outside. It looked like a picture. When school was over, he ran to the spot where he saw it. He ran fast so that no one else could grab it.

He picked it up and smiled. It had a picture of the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. She had a dress with tights on and red shoes, and her hand was formed into a peace sign.

She was so beautiful he wanted to meet her, so he ran all over the school and asked everyone if they knew her or have ever seen her before. But everyone he asked said "no." He was devastated.

When he was home, he asked his older sister if she knew the girl, but unfortunately she also said "no." It was very late, so Tom walked up the stairs, placed the picture on his bedside table and went to sleep.

In the middle of the night Tom was awakened by a tap on his window. It was like a nail tapping. He got scared. After the tapping he heard a giggle. He saw a shadow near his window, so he got out of his bed, walked toward his window, opened it up and followed the giggling. By the time he reached it, it was gone.

The next day again he asked his neighbors if they knew her. Everybody said, "Sorry, no." When his mother came home he even asked her if she knew her. She said "no." He went to his room, placed the picture on his desk and fell asleep.

Once again he was awakened by a tapping. He took the picture and followed the giggling. He walked across the road, when suddenly he got hit by a car. He was dead with the picture in his hand.

The driver got out of the car and tried to help him, but it was too late. Suddenly he saw the picture and picked it up.

He saw a cute girl holding up three fingers.

I live in the U.K. A colleague at work heard this from her boyfriend.

He works with someone who said that his sister's friend got the last tube (subway train) home a couple of weeks ago. When she got on there were five rows of seats empty but the last row had three people sitting in them. As she was a little afraid, she went and sat opposite these people. She settled down and looked up to see the woman sitting opposite her really staring at her.

So she got out her book and started to read but every time she looked up the woman was still staring. The train pulled into the next station and a man got on. He looked up and down the carriage, took a look at her and the people opposite her and came and sat next to her. As the train left the station the man leaned back and said quietly in her ear "If you know what's good for you, you'll get off at the next station with me". She was scared but thought the best idea would be to get off at the next station as he asked as there might be people around.

The next stop comes up and she leaves the train with this man. The man says "Thank God, I didn't mean to scare you but I had to get you off that train. I'm a doctor and the woman sitting opposite you was dead, and the two men either side were propping her up." According to the guy who told this story, the girl and the doctor called the police who stopped the train at the next station.

Linky: http://chuckpalahniuk.net/features/shorts/guts

Gear:
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic

Gear:
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
WARNING: Contains the feels.
"Honey, can you... Get me... A glass of water?"

My mother is in visible distress. She can barely choke out the words. I'm used to this by now, she's been in what the doctors have called the "final stages" for... Quite some time now. I've lost track. I don't like to think about it. I have noticed, though, that her condition has noticeably worsened in the past few weeks. The disease seems to have taken its toll on her, me, and the whole family.

"Sure, mom. No problem."

I make my way to the bathroom with the glass. As I leave, I can hear my mother hacking her lungs out and letting out involuntary moans of pain with each cough. The doctors are doing all they can, but... I know what's coming. ...I know what I have to do. I've been planning to do this for a while, but something about seeing her like this... ...I take a small bottle from my pocket. It belongs to my mother. Pain pills. Don't remember what they're called. Some unpronounceable medical term with too many letters. I do know what they do, though. I did my research. Lethal in high doses, death comes swiftly and painlessly. ...Just like she would want.

I fill the glass with water from the sink and drop the pills in. I hesitate for a moment, considering the ramifications of what I'm about to do. But I think about my mother. She's in so much misery... And there's no chance of recovery. Nothing in the future but pain and suffering. ...I have to do this. I just can't stand to see her like this anymore.

I take a deep breath and swallow the contents of the glass.

Here's another

Mommy always leaves me and daddy home on Saturday nights, and me and daddy always go get ice cream in the car after dinner. I have to sit in the back seat until I'm a big boy. I go in the kitchen to see what daddy is cooking for dinner after my Barney movie is over, but he's not in there this time. I saw a note on the counter that said mommy and uncle James were going somewhere together. I'm not sure, I don't read that good. I go find daddy in the garage. I shut the door behind me like I'm supposed to. Daddy is in the car and he already has the car turned on. We must not be eating dinner tonight, only ice cream. I get in the backseat behind daddy since I'm not a big boy yet. Daddy doesn't say anything when I said hello to him. Maybe he can't hear me over the loud car. I think I'll take a nap on the way to ice cream. I feel kinda sleepy.

And another.

Delivery
“Sir, are you Mrs. Brown’s husband?”

“Oh, yes, yes I am.”

“I’m afraid there have been complications. We can either save the baby or your wife. I hate to ask…”

“Oh, oh god, no. Please….”

“I know, but, we need your answer now or they’ll both die!”

“The baby. Save the baby.”

The doctor ran back and Mr. Brown collapsed into a chair, head in his hands. He shook off the nurse who tried to get his attention. Pushed her to the ground. Ran to the room where he had last seen his wife. She was sitting up in bed. Exhausted but happy, holding their beautiful baby boy.

As Mr. Brown waited, smiling to himself, for his wife to get ready to go he heard the screaming.

“My wife, my wife! What happened to my wife?”

That was when he realized Brown is a very common name.
FORZA CATANIA
Last edited by jonathan666666 at Nov 8, 2013,
^^^^ That second one kinda got me.... :lol:

Thomas and Alfred were two best friends. Whenever it got hot, they would take their cows up to a cool, green pasture in the mountains. Usually they stayed there with the cows all summer. The work their in the mountains was easy, but really boring. All they did was tend their cows all day. They would return to their tiny hut and night. Every night they ate supper, worked in the garden, and went to sleep.

Then one day, Thomas said "Let's make a life-size doll. We can put it in the garden and use it as a scarecrow." There was a farmer they both hated named Harold, so they decided to name the doll Harold and make it look like him. They made it out of straw and gave it a pointy nose and tiny eyes, like Harold's. Day after day, they would tie Harold to a pole in the garden to scare away the birds. They brought it in the house every night. Sometimes, they would talk to it, saying things like "How's it going?" And the other would say in a weird voice "Not good." Of course, Harold wouldn't appreciate it. When they were in a bad mood, they would even curse at him or kick him.

A while later, when Thomas was taking out his anger on Harold, Alfred swore he heard the doll grunt. "Did you hear that? Harold grunted!" "Impossible, he's just a sack of straw," replied Thomas. Alfred dismissed it, but they both stopped talking to it, kicking it, or even touching it, they just left him neglected in the corner of the room.

After a while, they decided nothing was to be feared. Maybe a few bugs or rats were living in the straw. So they went back to their old routine. Every day, they would take it outside, and bring it back in at night. Then they even started treated him badly again.

One night, Alfred noticed something that scared him. "It looks like Harold is growing." "I was thinking the same," answered Thomas. "Maybe it's just our imagination. I think the elevation is getting to us." The next morning, they saw Harold stand up and walk outstide, climb onto the roof, and he stayed there all night. In the morning, it came down and stood in the pasture. They got very scared and decided to flee. They took their cows and started heading back down for the valley. After going only a mile or so, they realized they had forgotten the milking stools. They knew they didn't have the money to replace them, so Alfred forced himself back to get them. "I'll catch up with you later. You just keep moving." After walking for a while, Thomas looked back at the hut and did not see Alfred. What he did see,however, horrified him. He saw Harold, on the roof of the hut, stretching out a bloody piece of flesh to dry in the sun.

Gear:
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
Wouldn't this be the third one.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Momentosis
Wouldn't this be the third one.

Not sure I haven't been here for 3+ years.

A little girl, named Penny Warren, was given a small doll by her parents. The doll was a gift from an ancient great aunt who had now passed on. Penny was instantly unnnerved by the doll, which had nasty little black eyes that seemed to follow her around the room and a sinister grin on her face. Nevertheless, Penny had to accept the doll, as she was well brought up and didn't want to upset her parents by refusing to take it. Her parents told her that the doll's name was Arabella, which made Penny even more afraid of it; it seemed to make it more human. Even so, it was just a doll, barely reaching above her knee, so to put her mind at rest, she hid Arabella into the little cupboard under the stairs, under some boxes where her parents wouldn't see her. It wasn't until a few nights later, when Penny was lying in bed, that she heard a noise...a shuffling sound that went on for about five minutes. Then, a brief dragging noise and finally, a scuttling like light footsteps running very fast. Penny was paralyzed with fear, her knuckles turning white from clutching her blanket. Then, she heard a voice - soft and eerily childlike - quiet enough not to wake her parents. Penny always slept with the door open and the lamp in the hall on, as she was still a little scared of the dark. Therefore, she could hear more through her open door. Penny heard the voice say "Penny, I'm on the first step"...And then a loud scrabbling again, as whatever was speakingapparently turned tail and returned to wherever it had come from. The little girl didn't sleep a wink that night, but laid in fear until the break of dawn when her mother got her up for school and when she tried to explain what had happened, her parents passed it off as "just a dream". The next night, Penny fought against sleep, but eventually drifted off, only to be woken again by the sinister voice: "Penny, I'm on the fifth step" Penny was crying by now, and again, she didn't sleep that night. The next night, Penny decided to shut her bedroom door and reluctantly slept without the light on. Just as she was about to doze, Penny heard the noise, and then the voice: "Penny, I'm on the top step..." Penny knew that her door was closed, but she was still terribly afraid. Her heart pounding, she slowly go up to investigate; she screamed. Penny's parents found her body at the bottom of the stairs. They guessed she was on her way to the bathroom without switching on the hall light and had fallen down the stairs, breaking her neck. Arabella, the favorite family doll, was found beside her body - smiling.

Gear:
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
There's already a second thread.

It had a better name than this too.

The electric boogaloo.
ayy lmao
Okay fine guys, changed title.

Welcome to The Nightmare Inducement Thread V2.10.3!

Gear:
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
What happened to the old thread? It's still pinned and I can still post replies on it. Or is this just to start from a clean slate so we can get the ball rolling somehow?

I really believe we have exhausted the creepiness the internet's creepypastas has to offer.
Quote by triface
What happened to the old thread? It's still pinned and I can still post replies on it. Or is this just to start from a clean slate so we can get the ball rolling somehow?

I really believe we have exhausted the creepiness the internet's creepypastas has to offer.

Some of this stuff will be new to some people, and if I can make even one person $hit brix trying to go to sleep tonight it will be all worth it.

Anybody ever heard of the Goatmen?

http://www.monstropedia.org/index.php?title=Goatman

Gear:
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
Last edited by sporkface at Nov 9, 2013,
Shouldn't it be 'The Nightmare Inducing Thread'? I looked up the word inducement and got this:

Noun

inducement (plural inducements)

* An incentive that helps bring about a desired state.

Citation of Richard Stallman ...it won't run on a free platform and (...) your program is actually an inducement for people to install non-free software.[1]

* (law) An introductory statement of facts or background information.

* (shipping) The act of placing a port on a vessel's itinerary because the volume of cargo offered at that port justifies the cost of routing the vessel.

I guess that's all I came here to say... Maybe I'll read a creepypasta or two later, most of them are kind of predictable, but it's always worth scouting for talent.
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
Quote by EqualOfHeaven
Shouldn't it be 'The Nightmare Inducing Thread'? I looked up the word inducement and got this:

Noun

inducement (plural inducements)

* An incentive that helps bring about a desired state.

Citation of Richard Stallman ...it won't run on a free platform and (...) your program is actually an inducement for people to install non-free software.[1]

* (law) An introductory statement of facts or background information.

* (shipping) The act of placing a port on a vessel's itinerary because the volume of cargo offered at that port justifies the cost of routing the vessel.

I guess that's all I came here to say... Maybe I'll read a creepypasta or two later, most of them are kind of predictable, but it's always worth scouting for talent.

Missing the point of the thread
Quote by triface
Missing the point of the thread

I suppose I am, since my immediate mental reaction to this post was "there's a point to this thread?"
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
Quote by triface
It was closed, like, so many years ago. There's even a follow-up thread that got up to 210 pages (and still counting).

this whole site is so alien and foreign to me now
SO AWESOME TO SEE A NEW VERSION OF THIS THREAD!!!!

WARNING!
PHOTO DUMP!

If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Nice to see another nightmare thread again.

Here's a short scary amateur film I shot with a couple of friends in the students dorms a while ago, as a result of being bored.
And yes, we were inspired a bit by the MarbleHornets series.

T'would be awesome if you guys could give a bit of feedback, since we might be planning on doing a few more in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2BQd1ATp48
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Last edited by Eruption1991 at Nov 16, 2013,
Quote by Eruption1991

T'would be awesome if you guys could give a bit of feedback, since we might be planning on doing a few more in the future.

honestly. it came across as satirical and slightly comical at most, if not all points. i felt like you were making fun of videos like those filmed by MarbleHornets.
though, i have to admit that you ability to build suspense is.. well, amateur at worst but i see potential in your ability to draw a viewer into the story, if you had the right attitude and originality.

i love the fact that you and your friends are attempting this sort of thing. i would also think it my duty as a viewer to help you progress further by giving crits.

-best wishes

EKGIV

Yeah I chuckled at the happy sprockets guy so it wasn't that scary, but there was definitely a lot of suspense.

Also, the amount of toothpaste on his brush only looked like enough for half of one row. I would go with about 3x as much toothpaste next time.

(jk)
Quote by Masquirina
Yeah I chuckled at the happy sprockets guy so it wasn't that scary, but there was definitely a lot of suspense.

Also, the amount of toothpaste on his brush only looked like enough for half of one row. I would go with about 3x as much toothpaste next time.

(jk)

simply out of plain human compassion and sympathy, you are only supposed to use a pea sized-drop of toothpaste.

(js)

Yeah the actor playing the protagonist was WAY too exaggerated and animated in his acting. He knows it's a video and not a cartoon, right?
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by DonGlover
Yeah the actor playing the protagonist was WAY too exaggerated and animated in his acting. He knows it's a video and not a cartoon, right?

i agree that the protagonist's acting could have been significantly better, however i think his acting would have been appropriate if the right script and screenplay had been written for him.

The Dyatlov Pass Incident

Early in 1959, ten ski hikers departed on a very difficult trip towards Russia's Otorten Mountain. The expedition was mounted by people with extensive experience in ski tours and long trip through the area's difficult winters.

On January 25, 1959, the group reached Ivdel and took a truck north to Vizhai. On January 29, one member of the team stayed behind due to illness and the remaining nine embarked on their quest to reach Otorten Mountain. It was the last time any of them were seen alive.

On February 12, they were expected back in Vizhai. Now overdue, a rescue team was assembled and began to trace the expedition's route through the Dyatlov Pass. On the 26th, the rescuers came across the team's abandoned campsite. It wa deserted and the tent was badly damaged as if something had ripped through it. Oddly, it appeared not as if something had tried to get into the tent, but rather like someone had ripped their way out. Tracks were found leading away from the camp and, 500 meters away, the found the first two hikers next to the remains of a campfire - both of them were dead, shoeless, and in only their underwear.

Between the position of the first bodies, they found three more. The positions of the corpses suggested that they were trying to return to the original camp, but succumbed along the way.

It was two months later that the remaining four hikers were found further into the woods. They were in a ravine under four meters of snow.

Obviously, hikers dying on a dangerous expedition is not a great mystery, but as the officially inquest into the deaths began and the bodies were examined, it brought a mystery into the light that has not been fully explained in decades.

The first bodies discovered died of hypothermia. It was discovered that one of the men had a crack in his skull, it it was hardly a fatal wound. Since there were no obvious outward injuries to the other bodies, it was assumed that the same findings would be reached, but that was not the case. As a matter of fact (although, as it was reported, there were no outward marks or injuries) one of the hikers had major skull injuries and two others were discovered to have suffered major chest injuries. One of the doctors who conducted the investigation stated that the pressure to create that level of breakage would have to be caused by an enormous amount of pressure - like being hit by a car, but there were no wounds on the bodies.

The most shocking and disturbing discovery was that one of the dead hikers was missing her tongue.

The investigation concluded that everyone in the camp had left of their own accord, walking off into the snowy night while they slept, all of them in some state of undress. Theories abounded that the camp had been attacked by the indigenous Mansi people, but that was dismissed as the bodies showed no wounds and the force needed to shatter the broken skulls and chests were so great they would not have been caused by human hands even with tools.

There were a few more details left to uncover that propelled this case into infamy. Forensic radiation tests were conducted and it was determined that radiation contamination was present on some of the clothing taken from the bodies. Family members even reported that, at the victim's funerals, the bodies appeared to have a strange orange tan.

Another group of hikers about 50 kilometers south of the incident reported that they saw strange orange spheres in the night sky to the north (likely in the direction of Kholat Syakhl) on the night of the incident. Similar "spheres" were observed in Ivdel and adjacent areas continually during the period of February to March 1959, by various independent witnesses (including the meteorology service and the military).

The Dyatlov Pass Incident continues to evoke a sense of eerie dread to those who investigate and study it and, whether you believe that the deaths were caused by aliens, an unlucky encounter with discarded Cold War ordinance, or simply poor judgment in dangerous conditions, this is one mystery that will continue to invite speculation far into the future.

Last edited by Harvey Swick at Nov 17, 2013,
Quote by sporkface

I live in the U.K. A colleague at work heard this from her boyfriend.

He works with someone who said that his sister's friend got the last tube (subway train) home a couple of weeks ago. When she got on there were five rows of seats empty but the last row had three people sitting in them. As she was a little afraid, she went and sat opposite these people. She settled down and looked up to see the woman sitting opposite her really staring at her.

So she got out her book and started to read but every time she looked up the woman was still staring. The train pulled into the next station and a man got on. He looked up and down the carriage, took a look at her and the people opposite her and came and sat next to her. As the train left the station the man leaned back and said quietly in her ear "If you know what's good for you, you'll get off at the next station with me". She was scared but thought the best idea would be to get off at the next station as he asked as there might be people around.

The next stop comes up and she leaves the train with this man. The man says "Thank God, I didn't mean to scare you but I had to get you off that train. I'm a doctor and the woman sitting opposite you was dead, and the two men either side were propping her up." According to the guy who told this story, the girl and the doctor called the police who stopped the train at the next station.

Holy fucking shitbags this is nightmare inducing stuff right here.
Page 1 of 4