So i started electric guitar lessons and my teacher told me i need to buy a guitar so i can practise(pointing out the obvious ).And i started searching the internet for cheap but good guitars (BTW i have no clue about guitars).I found a Kramer Baretta for 150€ but i was not sure if its good!So do you guys know any cheap but good guitars for a beginner??
Without knowing where you are located, but assuming its the US...I would recommend a MIM(made in Mexico) Stratacaster or Telecaster. In the US they can be found used for $200-$250 USD and though made in Mexico they are inspected in the Fender US plant to ensure a higher/consistent quality. They are excellent value for money and will last a long time.
Jackson: DKMG w/Zakk Wylde EMGs
Fender: Fat Strat HSS
Epiphone: Les Paul Custom w/SD Pickups
Dean: Performer E Acoustic/Electric
Vox: DA5
Vox JamVox
Digitech: GNX4 Workstation
Digitech: EX-7 Distortion Factory
Boss DR-880
MAudio Bx5a Deluxe
What stile of music are you aiming to play? What's your budget? Any other requirements?

Kramer is a reputable make but I can't give you any personal opinion on the Baretta. I know that if you want to stay below the 200 euro mark you should look into Ibanez or a personal favourite of mine on a budget, the Yamaha Pacifica.
Those are my two main suggestions but there's also something to be said for personal preference - even if you don't know much about guitars you'll be happier with a guitar that you got out of personal preference.

Quote by Dazzl1113
Without knowing where you are located, but assuming its the US...I would recommend a MIM(made in Mexico) Stratacaster or Telecaster. In the US they can be found used for $200-$250 USD and though made in Mexico they are inspected in the Fender US plant to ensure a higher/consistent quality. They are excellent value for money and will last a long time.

Nah, he's European
Yamaha pacifica 112V or J is normally a solid choice. That's not to say that you can't do better if you luck into a crazy good deal or something like that, but as an always-available option that it's very easy to do much, much worse than if you're not careful, it's hard to beat.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah don't get a starter pack or a bullet. with your budget you have easily enough to get way, way better.

for the amp a modeller is probably the thing. peavey vypyr, vox valvetronix, something like that. if that's too much, a vox mini3 or roland microcube (as long as you only need it for practising i.e. you don't need much volume) would be great.

and yeah i'd say the pacifica which has been mentioned is way better than either of those guitars.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Nov 9, 2013,
My budget is about 150-250 euros if i can get something good with that money i will be more than thankfull!
http://www.thomann.de/gb/yamaha_pacifica_112_blk.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/yamaha_pacifica_112_ovs.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/yamaha_pacifica_112_yns.htm

I don't like how it doesn't quote the body wood there- normally the 112s are alder (which is good), but yeah.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/yamaha_pacifica_112v_ovs.htm

or the V version (the other colours are a little more, I'm guessing they're more popular). It does say it's alder, FWIW.

Amp:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/vox_mini_3_iv.htm

slightly newer version which might be slightly better (haven't tried it) but is slightly dearer

http://www.thomann.de/gb/vox_mini_3_g2_bk.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/roland_micro_cube_gx_wh.htm

bit dearer again. I'd probably just take the bog standard mini3 if you're trying to keep the price down. it arguably sounds more "natural" than the microcube and has more features and amp models. but the microcube is probably better for heavier tones.

EDIT: you'll need a cable, a strap, some spare plectrums and a spare set of strings, too. a guitar stand wouldn't hurt, either.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Yamaha Pacifica 112 BL and the Vox Mini 3 IV sounded preety good even though it went up to 300 euros i hope its worth buying.I cant thank you enough man you are awesome!
yeah Thomann ships world wide
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by MikeTheBadass
The Yamaha Pacifica 112 BL and the Vox Mini 3 IV sounded preety good even though it went up to 300 euros i hope its worth buying.I cant thank you enough man you are awesome!

no worries

I think they ship to greece, yeah. they have a greek webshop, at any rate, so I'm guessing they do.

EDIT: do you know what cables, straps, plectrums etc. you need? If you need any help with that, just ask. Normally a cheap strap is fine, at least for a lighter guitar like a strat/pacifica. Cables, I wouldn't cheap out with the absolute cheapest option but you don't normally need to go much higher than about 10 euro to get something decent.

They have a bunch of nylon straps around the 4 euro mark so go nuts, but this one here should be fine:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/planet_waves_pws100_gitarrengurt.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/sommer_cable_spirit_blue_line_guitar_3m.htm the sommer cable i have is pretty decent. the xxl (i think that's the one i have) is a few euros more if you can stretch. To be honest you probably don't even need to go to that price, you can get cheaper, but that's about entry level pro-quality type stuff (the xxl, anyway).

Picks I would probably buy a few different size and shape single picks to see what you like. that's a bit harder on thomann, they have a few single picks but most are in multipacks. A local guitar shop might be an easier place to get a bunch of different ones.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Didn't your teacher gave any recommendations?

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
My advice to you is don't spend a heap of money on your first guitar, a pacifica as mentioned, an early Jackson, even an epiphone sg 400 would be good if second hand. The reason why I say this is because as you learn and grow, your tastes in instruments will change. I started off with a strat, went through an Ibanez phase and now love the shit out of Les Paul's. As for amp's, the first bigger amp I bought is a second hand fender Princeton chorus which I paid $150 AU for. Since then Ive had a few other tube amps, cabinets and sorts of other stuff, but keep going back to the fender. Probably because its clean channel is damned near sterile and it just loves pedals and MFX units. Also, if whichever guitar you buy doesn't suit you, don't be afraid to do deals and trades for other guitars until you find the one that just 'fits'. You'll know what I mean when you find one.
The jackson Js11 Dinky looked surpisingly good and i think i will stick with it.i will take a look at a store when i get the chance.About the amp i will stick with the vox mini iv.It seems good for a start and if it and i can "exchange" it for something better like you said!
im getting an empty basker jk im getting these
Vox Mini 3 IV

Jackson JS11 Dinky WH
i
the sssnake IPP1060

Harley Benton HBN BK

Thomann E-Guitar Gigbag Elite
i
thomann Millenium GS-2001 E
Last edited by MikeTheBadass at Nov 10, 2013,
Even being as big a Jackson fan as I am, I don't really know much about the JS models. They do seem to have improved the range recently, so I imagine that one is probably a decent beginner instrument. You'll have to let us know how it plays.
things changed!...i wont be getting the jackson and the vox amp...But instead the Epiphone LP Special and the Line 6 Spider IV 15 B-Stock
My first electric was also a Les Paul Special II - though they are cheaply made, I think they are good entry level guitars, especially if you're not sure if you're going to stick with it. Once you find your footing then you can upgrade to a guitar that fits your playing style.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by MikeTheBadass
things changed!...i wont be getting the jackson and the vox amp...But instead the Epiphone LP Special and the Line 6 Spider IV 15 B-Stock

I wouldn't get those to be honest, the LP Specials aren't great from opinion around here and the line six spiders are meh.

But it might work for you, who knows!
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
I wouldn't get those to be honest, the LP Specials aren't great from opinion around here and the line six spiders are meh.

But it might work for you, who knows!

To be clear, the Les Paul specials are not good guitars. I bought mine because a buddy was selling it for a really cheap price, and it was my first guitar so I didn't want to spend a bunch of money since I didn't know if I was going to stick with the hobby. I ended up enjoying my LP Special, and even some of my guitarist buddies thought it was a decent guitar for an entry level instrument. Many people around here swear by the Yamaha Pacificas for entry level guitars, but they are a little more pricey than the Les Paul Specials. If you haven't bought the guitar already, I would strongly encourage you to buy used since this is your first foray into the realm of guitars - that way it won't be the end of the world if you don't continue playing.

Also, the Line 6 Spider series has a terrible reputation around the UG forums. Most people recommend Vox Valvetronix, Peavey Vypyrs, or the Roland Cube series for entry level amps because they provide a lot of different amp models and are well put together. Also stay away from the Marshall MG series; my first amp was a Marshall MG 15w and it was awful.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15