Page 1 of 6
whoops
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
punk ass kids these days
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Shooting was 100% justified. By the article, I'm not watching the video.

Dad was a dick, so was his child.

"Like father like son"
Well that article wasn't biased at all.

And why the **** would the kid ram a blockade?
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
He won't do it again.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
The comments are beautiful.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Everybody's an idiot.

Dad shouldn't have been so overdramatic to call the cops. The kid shouldn't have taken off with the car. The cops shouldn't have been so eager to shoot. Though I do feel more sympathy for the police here, the kid did ram the car for whatever reason and refused to stop.
Last edited by Tag43 at Nov 9, 2013,
Quote by AeroRocker
Well that article wasn't biased at all.

And why the **** would the kid ram a blockade?

I blame video games
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Wormholes
Shooting was 100% justified. By the article, I'm not watching the video.

Dad was a dick, so was his child.

"Like father like son"

Shooting someone is a reasonable response to them failing to stop?

Okay...

Disclaimer: Also haven't watched the video.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Quote by eGraham
I blame video games

that and mental illness obvsly
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Anyone who says that this is justified deserves a bullet to the head.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
i hope they did a thorough sweep of his rectum. you never know what bad drivers have stored up there.

Quote by Sampy

Okay...

He rammed into a blockade four times and refused to get out of the car. Not justifying it just telling you what happened.
Quote by Sampy

Okay...

He didn't just "fail to stop", he rammed a police blockade. To quote a nice comment on that page

So sad that people think police have time to psychoanalyze every person driving erratically and ramming police cars on a college campus with students every where. He was warned multiple times. All he had to do was turn off the engine.

For all they know the kid could have been going to shoot up the school. If he did everyone would be complaining that the cops didn't kill him when they had the chance...
Quote by the bartender
Anyone who says that this is justified deserves a bullet to the head.

So, if he killed somebody while he was driving like that, would you say the same thing?
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
Quote by Tag43
Everybody's an idiot.

Dad shouldn't have been so overdramatic to call the cops.

next time my car gets stolen, i'll stop being overdramatic
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by Wormholes
For all they know the kid could have been going to shoot up the school. If he did everyone would be complaining that the cops didn't kill him when they had the chance...

That's some shit reasoning right there. "Oh hey, this guy commited crime X, he's probably gonna commit crime Y too so we might as well kill him."

Quote by Mister A.J.
So, if he killed somebody while he was driving like that, would you say the same thing?

Yes, I don't see how that would justify killing him as well.

Last edited by the bartender at Nov 9, 2013,
here's my understanding of what happened:

1. kid steals dad's truck (presumably for joyriding purposes)
2. dad calls cops to teach him a lesson
3. kid freaks out
4. kid rams police blockade four times
5. police shoot kid

In this scenario, isn't is perfectly plausible for the cops to assume the kid was a threat? he aptly demonstrated a willingness to put others' lives at risk so he could get away and was driving erratically and dangerously. It's a shame, but I don't see how the cops acted improperly.

In any given situation where an individual demonstrates that he is an IMMEDIATE threat, the priority is stopping him rather than ensuring he lives. If he lives, wonderful. That's great. If not, it's a shame, but it's his own damn fault.
Quote by Wormholes
He didn't just "fail to stop", he rammed a police blockade.

Oh ok.

Still wouldn't say that justifies killing him though.

Quote by Wormholes
For all they know the kid could have been going to shoot up the school.

So the police should kill everyone who commits a crime, just in case they commit a worse crime?
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Quote by the bartender
That's some shit reasoning right there. "Oh hey, this guy commited crime X, he's probably gonna commit crime Y too so we might as well kill him."

Yes, I don't see how that would justify killing him as well.

He had many chances to prove he wasn't a threat, by turning off the engine. But he didn't. Again. Police officers aren't there to psychoanalyze every subject. They saw someone ram into their cars multiple times, and that person would not stop when they told him to.
that's not an adequate response to their criticisms. they are (rightfully) pointing out that your logic that he could have been on the way to shoot up a school is utter crap
Quote by Tag43
Everybody's an idiot.

Dad shouldn't have been so overdramatic to call the cops. The kid shouldn't have taken off with the car. The cops shouldn't have been so eager to shoot. Though I do feel more sympathy for the police here, the kid did ram the car for whatever reason and refused to stop.

Why dats just good ol' fashin 'murrica.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
If anything they would have thought he was a threat with the car, not because of some unrelated crime he may commit.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by Wormholes

You cannot shoot someone based on what the COULD do in very different circumstances. For example would the police get away with gunning a random person on the street down by saying "He could have been about to kill obama", no, that is unreasonable. My guess is the police lost their temper when he rammed their blockade and rather than disable the vehicle they decided to shoot him instead.
Incompetence. Pure and simple.
Quote by I.O.T.M
If anything they would have thought he was a threat with the car, not because of some unrelated crime he may commit.

But some people here are doped out on coke, they wouldn't be able to put such a thought together.

Murica.
Quote by Wormholes
But some people here are doped out on coke, they wouldn't be able to put such a thought together.

Murica.

It's funny because you're the one who suggested that they might have killed him to prevent him from commiting other crimes.

Anyway, I think police officers should always try to solve things in the way that causes the least bloodshed. That's clearly not what happened here, there are various ways to stop someone from driving away without firing six bullets directly at the person.

cops sucked here, but he was probably a shit kid anyway
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Cianyx
next time my car gets stolen, i'll stop being overdramatic

It's a shit way to teach a lesson. The story makes it sound like the father didn't even tell the cops that it was his son.
Quote by the bartender
It's funny because you're the one who suggested that they might have killed him to prevent him from commiting other crimes.

Anyway, I think police officers should always try to solve things in the way that causes the least bloodshed. That's clearly not what happened here, there are various ways to stop someone from driving away without firing six bullets directly at the person.

but you're blatantly misrepresenting the facts here. He wasn't just driving away, he was driving DANGEROUSLY after smashing into cop cars four times. He represented a clear and present danger to nearby people.

It's not about killing him to prevent random crimes, it's that what he was doing at that moment was incredibly dangerous to other people and he needed to be stopped. Stopping him was priority 1. If they had tried to ensure that he lived and an innocent bystander had died because they didn't prioritize stopping him, they'd be at fault.
Isn't someone an adult at the age of 19 in America?
Last edited by Malchius at Nov 9, 2013,
I don't believe the father. I bet he called the cops because the kid was obviously out of control and he didn't know what to do.

Quote by Malchius
Isn't someone an adult at the age of 19 in America?

Someone is an adult at the age of 19 anywhere.