Hello All,

Quick question... My DR Z MAZ 38 NR has a non buffered series effects loop (or so i've been told). I'm trying to decide what i'm going to be running where. Next month I'll be purchasing:

Overdrive - Tube screamer
Basic Boss Tuner
Compressor
Delay
Reverb
Noise Gate

While i'm still trying to decide on the brands and types (i have a few in mind) I'd really like to get clued up on setting it up properly. EG which in the FX loop and which in the Input on the front panel.

My understanding is though, due to the DR Z having a non buffered effects loop, i might require a bufferer? is this correct? and if so... which would you guys recommend?

If you could spare a moment also, i'd really appreciate someone telling me exactly what effects should be where... as in Delay, Reverb - FX LOOP and OD - Line in.

Thanks so much!
Delay, reverb and gate in the loop. Everything else out front.

What are those pedals? They've probably got buffered inputs anyway.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Well I haven't fully decided on the pedals yet but so far i'm looking to get:

either:

TS9 Tubescreamer or Fulltone FD2
Wampler Ego Compressor OR MXR Custom comp
MX Carbon Copy Delay
EHX Holy grail nano
Boss TU-3 Tuner
ISP Decimator 2

Now i might not get all of these next month but i'll be getting the OD, Delay and Reverb for absolute certain. Hopefully get the compressor aswell. Thanks for your input!
Well the decimator has a buffer. You may have to put that first in the chain in the loop.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
If you're running delays and reverbs, always put your gate before them. If the gate's after the delay/reverb it will cut off the trail making them sound unnatural.

Cathbard's said everything else I would say though.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Last edited by Lavatain at Nov 10, 2013,