Hey UG, it's been a while. I've been really busy as of late, I've had two operations (in the same week) and I'm still recovering, but I've been ill for six years. So it's nice to be able to come back on and be able to type properly!

But enough of that, I have a query!

I have found someone selling a Engl Screamer combo (he's local) for £350 is it worth the money? considering how much they go for on Ebay, but it doesn't come with a footswitch.

But there's also a guy selling a Dean ML Warbird for £300 (there's only two in the North East) which takes my fancy too, so it's a tough call.

What do you guys think?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by guitar/bass95
My opinion on Deans below £500 is that don't buy one. This is just me, but I'd go for the Engl.

I would definitely buy a time capsule mate...
nevertheless, i would still go for the engl.
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.

Eh, the Screamer isn't super awesome, but that's just my opinion.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Thanks guys, how does it compare to the Fireball?
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
it doesn't tbh. the fireball rapes it.
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.

Quote by randomguy2000
it doesn't tbh. the fireball rapes it.

Worth the 70 more?
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
imo yes, but why are u limiting ur options to engl?
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly

Quote by randomguy2000
imo yes, but why are u limiting ur options to engl?

Just because that's what I really fancy, I'm also in the UK and Marshall, Orange and Peavey don't really do the sound I'm looking for to be honest.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
sorry to hear you've been ill

it's a good while since i've tried one, but i quite liked the screamer. can be quite bright, though, and it's more the amp you'd buy if you need versatility than if you need out-and-out brootalz all the time.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
sorry to hear you've been ill

it's a good while since i've tried one, but i quite liked the screamer. can be quite bright, though, and it's more the amp you'd buy if you need versatility than if you need out-and-out brootalz all the time.

Oh hey! Long time no talk!

Oh great, I found a cracking deal on a Fireball 60. It'll be here in a couple of days.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24

Oh great, I found a cracking deal on a Fireball 60. It'll be here in a couple of days.

Good choice
Quote by Fisheth24

and sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks guys! Forgot how much I liked you lots. Haha.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Fisheth

Good choice on the fireball
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
regarding dean, i stay away from dean. i have looked at getting a dean a few times (i have owned over 60 guitars, currently around 20-some.

EVERY time i have picked up a dean and played it considered it, i have played something else for the same price +/-$100 that was better (specs and in my hands) and bought it and been happier. even at the ~$1000 level.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/