I own a George Lynch dragon 2 wah, which has been giving me noise issues. It is the first pedal in my chain followed by a Maxon overdrive(vop-9) and a pre-amp(amt e1) , ever since I added the e1 to the chain switching it on leads to a lot of noise even when the guitar volume is down, yet if I remove the wah from the chain and start with the Maxon I get no noise even with my guitar volume up(I do get a slight hiss from the gain but still less than the previous case with the volume down). What might be the problem? Is it because the pedal is buffered? And is there anyway around it because I really love the way it sounds.

Additional info: My guitar has EMG 707 in both positions, and using a battery instead of the powerall for the wah still doesn't remove the noise.
I find most wah's can be pretty noisy, especially when you rock them forward.

Are you using 9V battery or an adaptor? What happens when you try using the opposite PS?
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
The noise is present even when the pedal is in bypass, but yeah its normal for the noise to increase when they filter out lower frequencies. The noise is present while using an adaptor or a battery. What do you mean by PS?
PS=power supply.

I'm not sure what else would cause this. Maybe open it up and take a peek to see if there is a ground issue??

Thats all I've got. Maybe someone else here might be able to help you more.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H