As the title says!

Only one thing, I want to be able to UNDERSTAND the singer. I'm not for the death growl thing. The deepest I go into that type of singing is probably Slipknot (Go ahead, hate.) But, I can't deal with stuff like Cannibal Corpse or White Chapel Shit.

I don't mind how dropped down in tuning the guitar's are, matter of fact, would prefer it.

So please, anything 90's and up! (Preferably not Lincoln Park or Bizkit...)
I am willing to give him a break because he spelled it correctly unlike those wankers. There are a few reasons no one has answered you. One, you were not specific in your requirements. I don't know if you want Doom, Heavy Metal, Power Metal, Speed metal, Thrash metal, Folk Metal, Post Metal, etc. You get the point. Second, and more importantly, you need to go to the recommendation thread at the top of the page. Post a list of more specific demands highlighted by bands you like in the thread chemical linked you to, and then we can help you.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Hey, thanks for the feedback fellas.

This is my first post on this forum, and frankly, I don't spend too much time on forums period, I don't really know how it all works...

Now, as far as style or w/e, I'm not really sure, to be honest, I'll enjoy it, as long as as it follows what I said at the beginning. Trying to break away from Metallica, ya know?

I've branched out in ways like: Pantera, Dream Theater, Slipknot, and a few others, and frankly, I'm just kinda looking for someone to point a finger and say "check this shit out."
Last edited by Biebsy at Nov 10, 2013,
Well can you describe any kind of feeling you want to the music? Anything you liked or didn't like about the bands you've listed?

I mean there is A LOT of metal out there. We could be here a while. Anything you could give us to narrow the search would be great.

Maybe since you like Thrash, go through the essentials list of Thrash bands in the rec thread? But you might struggle a bit if you completely discount ALL bands with rougher vocal styles.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Nov 10, 2013,
Jeez, describe musical necessities. Phew, ok...

I figure, instead of me jibber-jabbering I'll give a list of my fav metal songs, hopefully you guys may be able to take a little out of it, then I'll just jibber-jabber after said list:
~Battery
~Master of Puppets
~Fade to black
~Domination
~The Blister Exists
~Snuff

Now, as far as necessities, if it has distortion, it has to have in your face bad-assery, much like that moment in Battery after the clean intro closes, and it smashes you with the distorted version, which is relatively slow. But, of course it can be fast as well, cause as when Battery picks up with the gallop, I still get the in-your-face attitude, as long as that's there, its already gone up a few points on my rating.

If its not going to be in your face, then have it be melodic, full of SAD feeling, As with Snuff, I enjoy the sense of confusion in the song, mixed with the frustration and such.

Finally, I enjoy me some head-banging, and Domination has BY FAR one of the head bangiest riffs of all time.

I hope all that shit wasn't TOO vague, and I apologize in advance if it is. I'm sure that everybody understands that they all have their sweet-spot when it comes to music. But hey, I really appreciate any suggestions, I'm already starting to enjoy that "In Solitude" band.
Maybe some Devin Townsend?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1Gwtep2oXw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-DKs0qfdEk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEVOEWRGdCM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIQLiRuHxm4

Not all of his vocals are clean, but most of them are. And since all of his albums are so different, you'll probably find something of his you like.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Nov 10, 2013,
This is actually really cool. Gave me the chills, and whenever you get the chills listenin' to music, that's how you know it's good. I'll defiantly look a little more into this band, for sure.
Last edited by Biebsy at Nov 10, 2013,
Quote by Cavalcade
Biebsy: take it to the recommendation thread.
Everyone else: stop continuing this thread.

Embarrassingly enough, I have to ask, how do I do that?
Quote by Cavalcade
See that thread at the top of the forum called "The Official Metal Recommendation Thread"?

Yeeap!
Just make a post in there, something similar to the more thought out post you've made in this thread; giving an outline of the sort of stuff you want.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
If you're looking for newer thrash stuff, check out a band called Battlecross! Really kick ass stuff! \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/
Quote by Biebsy
As the title says!

Only one thing, I want to be able to UNDERSTAND the singer. I'm not for the death growl thing. The deepest I go into that type of singing is probably Slipknot (Go ahead, hate.) But, I can't deal with stuff like Cannibal Corpse or White Chapel Shit.

I don't mind how dropped down in tuning the guitar's are, matter of fact, would prefer it.

So please, anything 90's and up! (Preferably not Lincoln Park or Bizkit...)

Obvious troll is obvious
Quote by Biebsy
Riiiiiiiight

Obvious Dr. Evil is obvious.

I sent ya a PM w/ a few suggestions man. Check it.