https://soundcloud.com/icronic/wtf

I assume the speaker is blown, but I'd like to get more opinions before I start swapping in new ones. It's definitely the cab and not the amp/guitar/cables.

There is a bit of crackling when playing normally, but when I pull back the guitar volume knob then it starts to really crackle, more than is apparent from the clip. The dynamic response is completely off too. The volume difference between hitting a note normally and again slightly softer can be absolutely massive.

The volume of the recording was boosted after 10-15 seconds just because I rolled the guitar volume back and it was very quiet in the recording.
What guitar are you using? The fact you say changing the guitar's volume level changes how bad the crackling is.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Quote by Lavatain
What guitar are you using? The fact you say changing the guitar's volume level changes how bad the crackling is.

Switching Cabs fixes the problem, changing Guitars/Heads/Cables does not. It is definitely the cab, but I can't tell if it's an issue with the speakers the wiring or the jack. Visually the jack and wiring all look exactly as they should, however it's a 2x12 cab and I would have assumed that if one speaker was blown the other would still work as normal.
Quote by icronic
Switching Cabs fixes the problem, changing Guitars/Heads/Cables does not. It is definitely the cab, but I can't tell if it's an issue with the speakers the wiring or the jack. Visually the jack and wiring all look exactly as they should, however it's a 2x12 cab and I would have assumed that if one speaker was blown the other would still work as normal.

Well sounds like they're blown then.
The only other thing you could try is checking if they're rattling and tightening up the screws, but issues with the jack/wiring generally don't cause problems like that. As long as it's standing still it either works or it doesn't.
When you replace the speakers, always be aware of the power handling and never give them more than they can handle.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.