I've started this website that's like a music-only Wikipedia, but more streamlined. My goal is to make the most comprehensive music database.

We started off focusing on Asian pop music, and are slowly branching out to more genres.

Would any of you be interested in helping the site grow? We need more contributors, especially if you listen primarily to Western artists.

The site address is musictea.org

Thanks for reading!
Wait, is this a bot? Because it's actually quite an interesting proposition...
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz

+1

Even though starting on asian pop is a terrible idea
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by snipelfritz

No, I'm real. :P

Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Even though starting on asian pop is a terrible idea

Why?
Last edited by mizusan at Nov 11, 2013,
Why would anyone want to use your wiki over Wikipedia?
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by rockingamer2
Why would anyone want to use your wiki over Wikipedia?

Because:

1) The site was created specifically to be an efficient music database. Once the site gets going and is more filled out, it will be more useful than Wikipedia to find music an artist has released or contributed to.

2) My site already covers a lot of artists/albums/album covers that can't be found on Wikipedia and are otherwise difficult to find.

3) If you want to get track titles for non-English albums, my site is much more accurate.

Those are the main points so far. I'm the code developer, and I've paid a lot of attention to how to organize the content efficiently. All the site needs is more people adding artists/albums and it could become quite useful.
Quote by Weaponized
http://rateyourmusic.com/

^effective music database (could maybe upgrade their servers though)

I've tried that site (along with Discogs and MusicBrainz). It was actually my frustration with trying to use these sites that inspired me to make mine.

At least give my site a try if you have some time to waste.

We (the site's tiny, tiny community) have been working really hard all year.
you scratch my back and i'll scratch your's

my back is located on my cock btw

Quote by WhiteStripesIII
It seems like a really decent idea to me, whether it'll work is a totally different matter though.

Thank you.

I believe it has a decent chance of being successful, just because the idea, fully realized, would be very useful. The hardest part is getting this going..
would it go indepth to each specific artist - i mean like muse wiki but on on universal scale?
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Quote by moody git
would it go indepth to each specific artist - i mean like muse wiki but on on universal scale?

I don't think it'll go that far in depth; it's not like a fansite. The main goal is to cover every release by as many artists as possible.
I could add a lot of info about Math Rock or Midwest Emo if this is a serious venture.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
I could add a lot of info about Math Rock or Midwest Emo if this is a serious venture.

Okay and yes, I'm serious about this. The site has actually been going since February 2012.
Could add a lot about Power Metal if you wanted it!
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
Could add a lot about Power Metal if you wanted it!

That's needed too.
K-on? You mean waifu-core?

EDIT: I've actually been researching stuff all day. This may be a cool project to work on instead of browsing stumbleupon and stuff like that all day.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Nov 12, 2013,
Quote by JustRooster
I've actually been researching stuff all day. This may be a cool project to work on instead of browsing stumbleupon and stuff like that all day.

I agree :P One reason I made the site was to make it easy to find new music (still a work in progress though).
I'm not sure if this will work, but "Wikipedia already exists" is not a valid argument. Just look at Encyclopedia Metallum for instance.
Quote by The_Casinator
I'm not sure if this will work, but "Wikipedia already exists" is not a valid argument. Just look at Encyclopedia Metallum for instance.

There are multiple online radio sites that are successful, so I don't see why there can't be multiple music databases that do well.
Quote by Cianyx
who did the punk section lol

Every section is made up from the artists people submit to the site.
Quote by The_Casinator

Metal Archives is awesome for anything metal related. It could help you a good deal mizusan
I don't see what's wrong with Wikipedia
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by mizusan
Every section is made up from the artists people submit to the site.

So I'm guessing you don't listen to punk but GISM, Gauze and Confuse are all just sitting next to Kate Nash and Avril Lavigne
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by StewieSwan
Are you serious?

alway's

Quote by Cianyx
So I'm guessing you don't listen to punk but GISM, Gauze and Confuse are all just sitting next to Kate Nash and Avril Lavigne

lol I'm actually the one who added GISM, Gauze, Confuse, The Stalin, etc.. Other members submitted Avril Lavigne, Paramore, those other bands..