I've been wondering why dancing has been getting a bad rep? Like why does everybody assume its for scrawny little scene kids or some shit? You always see methead or tr00 punx saying how gay it looks or how it's for pussies who don't want to touch each other and how they will kick their asses if they see people dance. For one I doubt none of these guys could actually beat up a hardcore kid. Pretty much everybody I see dancing is either super ripped or they are scary thuggy looking guys. Yeah you get the occasional skinny kid dancing, but the pit is usually made up of the previous. But none of it ever looks like "fighting invisible ninjas" or "kids with Down syndrome dancing". Why do you guys think it gets this rep of being for pussies and kids with some sort mental illness?
Last edited by abregoman12 at Nov 11, 2013,
I'm the skinny dancing kid usually. I so don't care what people labeled themselves as. They probably just can't. If I was playing on stage I'd wanna see some dancing.
It's obnoxious. I get that people want to dance their own way, but if I'm down in the crowd, I want to be getting up close to the band or moshing. I don't want anyone kicking me in the back of the head and then blaming me for for not respecting his space.
Quote by Geldin
It's obnoxious. I get that people want to dance their own way, but if I'm down in the crowd, I want to be getting up close to the band or moshing. I don't want anyone kicking me in the back of the head and then blaming me for for not respecting his space.

This. I'm at a concert to enjoy music. I don't mind if you want to dance or mosh or whatever but don't hurt people and for god's sakes pick someone up if they fall. A few fools tend to ruin it for people who are legitimately just trying to enjoy themselves.
its really annoying IMO. im a little guy (130lbs), but i love to mosh! i dont care about people 2-3 times my size slamming into me, but i really dont feel like purposely getting kicked or punched, especially if i get someones knuckles to my face

and thats IF they actually touch each other. ive seen a lot of shows (mainly local) where the people just stay in their own section and swing at the air

so basically, it has a reputation of being both an annoying and pussy version of moshing
Quote by pAWNlol

so basically, it has a reputation of being both an annoying and pussy version of moshing

It's not a pussy version of moshing. It's just the opposite. Moshing always seems to be about the group. Sure it's violent, but at the same time, if you fall, you're getting picked up. Moshing is about mutually expressing the energy of the music. Hardcore dancing is more about individual expression. The two stand in logical opposition - moshing is ultimately a unification through violence whereas hardcore dancing is an individuation through violence.
Quote by Geldin
It's not a pussy version of moshing. It's just the opposite. Moshing always seems to be about the group. Sure it's violent, but at the same time, if you fall, you're getting picked up. Moshing is about mutually expressing the energy of the music. Hardcore dancing is more about individual expression. The two stand in logical opposition - moshing is ultimately a unification through violence whereas hardcore dancing is an individuation through violence.

i didnt tell you it was, i told you its reputation from my understanding

but still, mainly its the swinging limbs thing that annoys people

-200lb man runs into me? DGAF, im good
-140lb kid swings his fist into my cheekbone and kicks me in the hip? **** this, im out
If it's an emptyish show and there's a good heavy grove, I two step a bit, but I'm not much of an arm swinger. I honestly find the rhythmic element of the "dancing" far more satisfying than a push pit. **** I could do a push pit without music and it'd basically be the same, there's very little actual relation to the music, that's why if it's metal I'd rather just head bang.

My philosophy is if there's no space for it, don't do it. It's just anti-social and nobody needs your shit in their face.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Nov 11, 2013,
I personally find it really, really obnoxious, but I crack up inside whenever I see people doing it. As long as you're not invading somebody's space, or forcing everybody to the side, it's not a big deal to me. I'd prefer that people didn't do it, but it's not the end of the world if they do.
I'm the kid that puts his hands in his pockets and try's to avoid any flying fists because it's a dangerous sport.
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3