Page 1 of 2
I know this thread is so old or could be mentioned by anyone or anybody but I would like to know what is your opinion or your reaction on today's music and I mean in a true Musician's view not like some other fans of rock that always say "gay" or something to the material that they don't like. Especially today we see and hear on MTV. Give your ideas on how this generation will be affected on today's mainstream music.
ON A MUSICIAN'S VIEW

Thanks ! Keep on rockin'
music is gay

It's all gay.

Edit: ^ It's like we're the same. :3
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
all my favorite music is gay
and i wouldn't have it any other way
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I don't like most hip hop, but N.A.S.A.'s The Spirit of the Apollo is a masterpiece.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
In music there's no "genre" I will specifically dislike, it's all on a scale of good to bad in my ears, regardless of genre.
Ultimate-Gays.com
Quote by Dave Mustaine
If you want to be treated intelligently, act intelligent.

I like at least some amount of just about any major genre (save country or christian rock), and I still think that 99% of everything on top 40 radio is garbage--from a musicians perspective. Except that Daft Punk song that did pretty well on the charts. That one was ok.

The effect it will have on future generations will be a continuation (of what has already been happening for a while) of a total polarization of musical interests into two groups: people who listen to gay mainstream music and people who listen to totally underground stuff
Listen. I'm sorry.
Last edited by vilk at Nov 11, 2013,
People squabbling about what genre of their impotent RIM makes me laugh uncontrollably
eh.. I think it'll come around eventually.. meaning it will get better and it will get worse again
the whole "muh generation" is bullshit anyway
Quote by Telecaster7
Oh dear, current affairs...
Quote by willT08
People squabbling about what genre of their impotent RIM makes me laugh uncontrollably

What's an impotent RIM?
Quote by Jehannum
What's an impotent RIM?

Real Instrument Music

And it's all impotent
not mine m8 dont use coobase haha studio one 4 teh wobz. was jus doin a tune now

wow
such tech
very 1 note
many F
Gay people have a tendency to be gay
How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
When I found out Fall Out Boy were not gay, I had to stop listening to them. Their "gayness" was their only redeeming quality.
From a musicians point of view, from a chickens point of view.

It's all gay.
Except for Miley Cyrus. She is a genetically modified turkey. Chickens don't like turkey.
This thread is so gay.
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
Quote by willT08
[]http://d3vvl31cy8gagb.cloudfront.net/qt_174_skrillex3/1.jpg[]

Music is about what sounds good, not how it's made.
In reference to the charts (here in the UK) there is often a lot of half-decent stuff - I'm also quite a fan of deep house/future garage which seems to be getting very popular at the moment. One thing that is disappointing however, is the artists that have good singles out seldom have anything else great to listen to, because the way music is consumed has changed, there is no need for months of effort being put into an album, when people can just buy the 2-3 mp3s that they like.

But outside of the charts music I don't see how things could be any better - it is possible to achieve infinite access to basically any music, support artists you like by buying their tracks online, and use services like spotify/last.fm to find other artists you might like. A lot of the time you don't have to listen to anything more than Radio 6 to find how much unique and fantastic music is being produced right under our noses today.
mtv is still relevant? i'm so out of touch
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by willT08
Real Instrument Music

And it's all impotent

the joke never gets old.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I don't care for rap and hip-hop but I respect a number of rappers as artists.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Page 1 of 2