Hey guys,

As I play a variety of different songs, in different tunings, though mostly melodic/power metal, hard rock and heavy, I feel my Ibanez RG350EX isn't fit too good for the job.

Thats for the following reason:

It has flyod rose. Now, most of the songs I play are DROP C and trust me, the Ibanez has a great sound, not at all dissatisfied, but I thought a new guitar could solve my problem with different tunings.

I thought of the Epiphone series. They should be pretty cheap and made of good quality for the price you pay, so which ones would you recommend for the type of music I listen to.

I must note that the Les Paul has gotten my attention for the reason of it having a great sound, though I am still open to suggestions. 800$ and below is my budget, I will simply go to the guitar store and play with the guitars recommended.

Now please, leave your ideas below ! This will basically be my secondary guitar, you may also compare the guitar you are thinking of with the RG350EX and say how its better/worse.

NOTE:
Other brands than epiphone are warmly accepted and even other models of Ibanez, as I really love Ibanez. The catch is, there must not be any flyod rose.
Last edited by ikouroshi at Nov 11, 2013,
If you like Ibanez guitars so much then you can go for Ibanez RG 321EX. Also you can try Ibanez ART 200FM and ART 300. I've tried the RG 321EX and ART 200FM at a local music store and they seemed pretty good. I don't know the price of ART 300 but the other two are not that expensive guitars. And only the RG 321EX has 24 frets and the rest have 22 frets.

If you are interested to other models I say you can check out the Sterling by MusicMan JP60. You should get it within $600. It is a solid guitar, and it has thin, comfortable neck profile and sounds really great just with the stock pickups. And if you manage to swap the stock pickups with afermarket humbucking pickup set, it will sound even more beautiful. I don't play progressive metal but yet I bought it because it feels really good in my hands. I'd highly recommend this guitar.
Last edited by stranger_23 at Nov 11, 2013,
I recommend a Chapman ML-2 if you're looking for a les paul style guitar. don't know where you reside, but if you reside in the states, you'd have to be alright with the fact of it shipping from across the pond, but they are affordable and kick some ass in your budget.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Man, the ESP EMG version looks very neat , but its US only and the EU version costs 2500$, though, thats the kind of guitar I am going for.

The Ibanez ARTS series are very interesting as well, gotta try them.
Last edited by ikouroshi at Nov 11, 2013,
Quote by ikouroshi
Man, the ESP EMG version looks very neat....

You can also check out LTD EC 330. This guitar has ESP ALH-200 active pickups. Probably the pickups won't be as heavy as EMG 81/85 ot 57/66 (although the quality of the sound is dependant on other important factors as well) but you can always swap the stock pickups in a good time later. It is a decent guitar for your budget I think. You will probably get it within $500. And also there are few good Ibanez ART series guitars available in the market, you can try them too.
Quote by stranger_23
You can also check out LTD EC 330. This guitar has ESP ALH-200 active pickups. Probably the pickups won't be as heavy as EMG 81/85 ot 57/66 (although the quality of the sound is dependant on other important factors as well) but you can always swap the stock pickups in a good time later. It is a decent guitar for your budget I think. You will probably get it within $500. And also there are few good Ibanez ART series guitars available in the market, you can try them too.

The LTD seems pretty interesting from videos, I will make sure to pick one up and try it when I go to the store

I am still open for suggestions!