i did a lot of research on the bullet tele and strat cause i wanted to buy a $100 guitar to pretty much customize everything about it, but then i found an affinity series tele for $80 and i couldnt pass it up. There apparently are a lot of people that customize these guitars cause the body is alder and the neck is pretty nice too, but i couldnt find any of those people on this site, which i was pretty sure is the biggest and best guitar website.

So anyone here ever do any work on these? ive got a Fender american strat so this tele is just a project, but it already feels super solid. I was also wondering if any of yall would know if a fender tele pickguard or neck would fit on the affinity body. Thanks in advance!
[advertising removed]
Iv just got a squire affinity in met blue, maple neck. top loader is the only thing i dont realy like about it. i will be drilling it for a string through.
its in the shop at the mo but when i get it home ill see what i want to do with it.
Iv also made my own body, just waiting for a bearing bit to route the neck pocket and decide what pups im gona put in it, im thinking p90's or toasters.
you got any pics of your gat ?
Last edited by -MintSauce- at Nov 20, 2013,
I've modded some affinity's. they're not bad.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

A fender neck will fit on that body, yes. As long as it's 25.5" scale length. You can also use that squier neck on a Fender.

fender pickguard screw holes will likely not match up and you'll have to plug and drill new ones. Not really a big deal.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

its really pretty. the top loader is a pain in my ass for sure, and the only other glaring issues are the toggle switch, and whatever the **** is making it come out of tune so easily. the tuners feel solid, even though i hear that they need to be changed, i swear its the damn cheap nut that it comes with. and that apparently affinitys come with a smaller nut than normal teles, so its really hard to switch it out. maybe i should just buy a new neck.
I put a Mexitele neck on an affinity yesterday... Gigged with it last night.. Plays great although the pickups leave a bit to be desired.. I haven't changed the bridge out yet but I did change the Saddles which made setting the intonation a whole lot easier...

Thinking of a Bigsby... 500k pots and Texas Specials next...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Quote by Papabear505
I put a Mexitele neck on an affinity yesterday... Gigged with it last night.. Plays great although the pickups leave a bit to be desired.. I haven't changed the bridge out yet but I did change the Saddles which made setting the intonation a whole lot easier...

Thinking of a Bigsby... 500k pots and Texas Specials next...

that mexi tele neck fit without any sanding or anything? yeah im thinking pots first, then pickups. the pickups arent terrible right now, but id definitely want to change them before i play a show or anything.
The best part of my Squier Affinity is the neck, that's why I spent $150 to have it fret leveled, polished, and custom leveling on the higher frets. If you wanna know how badass a Squier Affinity can be, just listen to any of the more decent tracks on my profile, all done with my Squier for the most part.

They are worth modding, but don't dump over a $1000 into it like I did with mine to find the perfect balance.
Quote by GoodnightHero
that mexi tele neck fit without any sanding or anything? yeah im thinking pots first, then pickups. the pickups arent terrible right now, but id definitely want to change them before i play a show or anything.

Yep.. just bolted it right on... I measured one against the other on my bench first, mainly for height. The Mexican neck fit nice and tight and the bolt holes lined up perfectly. really good intonation, and string height.

The PUP's required adding a bit of mids and taking out some treble on my amp, and a little volume, but they weren't horrible for the gig. Great Tele Sound and a new project guitar... Win win..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
It is just my opinion but the end all goal regardless is to have the best playing/sounding guitar you can possibly get for the price. If that means getting a $100 guitar, spending $3-400 and completely re-doing it, so be it. As long as you're not a logo knob, who cares? But it really depends on what you want. Two modded to hell squires and you probably could have bought a gibson, American fender, or prs.
Quote by scguitarking927
It is just my opinion but the end all goal regardless is to have the best playing/sounding guitar you can possibly get for the price. If that means getting a $100 guitar, spending $3-400 and completely re-doing it, so be it. As long as you're not a logo knob, who cares? But it really depends on what you want. Two modded to hell squires and you probably could have bought a gibson, American fender, or prs.

Well, in my case, I've got a Gibson and have had a couple American Fenders... my collection now is up to 13, including my acoustic... (no, they're not all Gibson and American Fenders...LOL Lets say it's an "eclectic" collection) I don't "Need" another guitar, but It's kind of cool to play with parts... I love the look of the natural finish on the squire, but really like how the neck on my mexitele feels... I'll probably put the Mexican Tele back together, Buy an aftermarket Tele neck and make a real Frankenstein out of the Squire complete with a Bigsby, and I'm tossing around humbuckers, or P90's... Just cause it's different... We all gotta have hobbies right? Even if it's not worth the parts that are on it when I'm done... there won't be another one like it.. LMAO

It's not always about the money...

JMHO..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!