I don't know much anything about gear but I feel I have outgrew my starter stuff and am looking for some new gear to spread my wings. I am looking for a guitar and amp.
and I am looking to play stuff like Protest the Hero, Coheed and Cambria, or some prog metal stuff.
I want to spend as little money as possible.

Genre I mostly like to play : Prog rock/metal see above
Budget preferably less than 1500 for the amp and guitar
I don't care if its new or used
I would like to play at home and gig
My closest city is gilbert. az
I have an epiphone sg special and a line 6 spider iv
Last edited by ilitmyselfonf at Nov 11, 2013,
To give you good advice we really need some more information, so please answer these questions:

Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit?

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.
Used Gibson SG and a Vyper Tube 60.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Last edited by lucky1978 at Nov 11, 2013,
With $1500 you can get a $600 JSX. Assuming you're sticking with an SG, you may be able to pull of a used Gibson SG standard, but a Gibson SG special might be most likely. If you really want to cheap out, I'd take an Epiphone G-400 or Gibson SGJ
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Nov 11, 2013,
ESP LTD-1000 and 5150/6505 will get you where you need to be at a reasonable price. Add pedals to taste...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I live in Mesa, keep an eye out on Craigslist, there's always good deals on there. $1500 is more than enough for a pretty solid rig

Also, check Guitar Center's used site. There's 2 50w EVH 5150 III heads for $750 and the Tempe Guitar Center has a matching 2x12 for only $300. For a little over a grand, you'd have yourself a sick amp rig. Spend the rest of the cash on something like an Ibanez Prestige (there's an RGA121 in Chandler, but you can probably find one cheaper, always wanted one of those) and that's a rig you'll likely never outgrow
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com