I have some major trouble with the tune-o-matic on my BC Rich masterpiece mockingbird. The high E string has some major intonation issues. When in standard tuning, the E that should normally sound on the 12th fret sounds on the 13th! I have already adjusted the bridge to make the string as short as possible (from what i have gathered that is what I am supposed to do), and although it made a bit of difference, it wasn't enough. I am completely at a loss for what to so, as the string will not shorten any more. Any advice would be much welcomed.
If your open E is ok and your E at the 12th fret is sharp, you need to do the opposite: your saddle must move away from your pickups/ your neck)
AGEGBand
Guitar / Bass / Keyboard / Back Vocals

Sterling JP50, Fender CP Jazzmaster, Danelectro Danoblaster 12 strings, Aria 5102T, Epiphone LP STD 7 string => Carvin V3M

Peavey Cirrus BXP-5 => Trace Elliot GP7SM250

Korg X50
Quote by Anthoje
If your open E is ok and your E at the 12th fret is sharp, you need to do the opposite: your saddle must move away from your pickups/ your neck)

It's not sharp, it's flat, and I have tried moving it towards the pickups as far as I can to no noticeable difference.
Sounds like a fret issue. Intonation that bad indicates that something else is probably wrong. Your bridge has less travel than the space between the 12th and 13th fret so it's unlikely it's the cause or solution to your problem.
Quote by Roc8995
Sounds like a fret issue. Intonation that bad indicates that something else is probably wrong. Your bridge has less travel than the space between the 12th and 13th fret so it's unlikely it's the cause or solution to your problem.

That's weird, because this issue has only just started happening recently. But in any case, what do I do to fix it.
You have to figure out what it is first. If it is in fact a fret issue you'll probably need to take it to a tech. Can you look closely and see if the 13th fret is stopping the string when you depress it at the 12th? If the fret has started to pull out of the board, or if the frets are very worn or uneven, you might just be hitting the wrong fret.
It's not to do with the frets, as the 12th Fret is clearly a D# and the 13th is clearly an E. Any more ideas of what to do? I don't think it is to do with the frets as it only started very recently but I cannot for the life of me figure out why.
I have the same guitar and so far haven't had this problem, if you don't find a permanent solution your only option would be to tune the E strings one step down.