Okay, so this is not the best cab out there, but I got a screaming deal on it.....$50!!!
I've been wanting a 212 or 412 cab for quite some time but haven't had the funds. Anyway, my local music store was trying to thin their used stock so they had three different 412 cabs available for $50 each. This one was in the best condition and claimed to have Celestion speakers so I picked it up! Here are some pics:

This is what I found inside:

What I've added so far:

And the whole rig

The cab is a Crate something or other ( ). The baffle is plywood but the rest is MDF. However, it is very solidly-built and the felt covering grows on you. The Celestion G12-50's are a little less efficient than my Governor was in the combo -- I actually have to turn the post gain up a hair higher to reach the same volume that it was before. The Celestions sound very clear but don't really emphasize any frequencies. My Governor adds more in the upper mids and helps get a more "grinding," in-your-face distortion. Overall, the cab has more low-end than my combo did with just the Governor.

Tonight I had the post gain up to around "4" and it sounded ridiculous. I can't IMAGINE a situation that would call for more volume. Overall, I'm VERY pleased with this purchase and have no doubt that when I get a little more money, I can flip it with the Celestions for triple what I paid for it, maybe more.

For now, I think I want to get another Governor and two Eminence Swamp Thangs. Based on my research, the ST's should enhance the low-end a bit more. I want this thing to punch even harder and sound even thicker. Another Governor will ensure that the "tear your face off" factor is still healthy and present.

Are there any other options I should explore for that sound? Ideally, I'm trying to achieve a tone somewhere between The Black Dahlia Murder and Clayman-era In Flames (more importantly, their live sound). Thanks for looking!
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Last edited by KailM at Nov 11, 2013,
Awesome!

Clipz?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
I wish there would be 50€ cabs around where I live. I want 4x12 soooo bad...
And no, 2x12 wont do because I would just start to GAS for 4x12 later anyway.

Too bad we cannot hear it in action but still congrats for the new cab.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
You should totally convert that combo into a head.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by N_J_B_B
You should totally convert that combo into a head.

I'm either going to do that or just sell the combo and get a head (the 6505, not the 6505+). Eventually, I'm gonna get the head either way.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
$50 is a killer deal on any cab, congrats.

Gotta love the old Carpet look
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate