http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2678384&cp=&parentPage=search

This thing was going for $70 at the Toys R Us I work at; absolute lunacy. Waited until we were having a 20% off coupon day and combined that with my p.o.s. employee discount. $54 and I still feel ripped off, lol.

Pricing aside, the reason I got this is because I needed an acoustic ASAP. I love my ML AT3000, but I feel that, to really get back into learning guitar (i.e. not just turning my amp on and playing what I know), an acoustic was absolutely necessary. It was a one-time impulse buy with a healthy side of impatience and lack of funds

Anyway, a few questions:
1) With no way to adjust the truss rod what happens if the neck ever warps?
2) Is the nut the only thing I should replace or should I replace the saddle, too?
3) Should I stick with steel strings or swap them out for nylon strings? I'm leaning toward the latter.

All (helpful) comments welcome!
Heisenberg might have been here

I wouldn't be caught dead with a necrophiliac

I don't clean my room because I'm saving entropy the effort

Drugs may lead to nowhere, but at least it's the scenic route
1. if the neck warps, you're hosed. that's true of most guitars. but also you can't set the neck relief, so if you need to do that, you won't be able to as there's no truss rod.

2. not sure it's worth replacing either, but if you're swapping out the nut, might as well swap out the saddle, which a lot of people say affect the tone more. string affect tone more, though.

3. you can't just put nylon strings on a steel string guitar - they're a lot thicker than steel string. you'd need to replace the tuners, nut and saddle, and it wouldn't sound like a classical. if you want a nylon string guitar, you should buy a nylon string guitar.

btw, first act makes the worst guitars that i personally have ever played, and i've played a LOT of guitars. they sound pretty bad. i've played a bunch of FA guitars at TRUs, and gave one to a relative, who found it so unappealing that she gave up playing. for real. chances are good you'll have intonation problems, which would cost about as much as the guitar cost to get a luthier to fix. and playing a poorly intonated guitar makes me not want to play. at all. and like most cheap guitars, chances are good the tuners will need replacing not too far down the line. first acts i've tried also had proud frets and sharp fret edges.

hopefully yours will be the best of the lot and will work out for you, but i wouldn't do more than put good strings on it. it's not worth an investment as you could get a yamaha F310 or F335 at GC on a holiday for just over a bill, which you'll be spending on the first act if you start replacing things. the yamahas do have truss rods and sound pretty decent, btw.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Wow people actually buy that s**t. Get your money back and save a little more.

Like Patti says Yammie F310 . Cheers
Yea, the more I look at this thing the more disappointed I get, lol. I'll just return it. It will save me the money, but I still won't have the cash for an 'actual' guitar until March or April of next year
Heisenberg might have been here

I wouldn't be caught dead with a necrophiliac

I don't clean my room because I'm saving entropy the effort

Drugs may lead to nowhere, but at least it's the scenic route
There are hundreds of thousands of guitars sitting in closets and under beds. It has been estimated
that less than 1% of guitars made, actually get played on a regular basis.

Try a little advert in your local paper( Weekend work in exchange for unwanted guitars) Believe me it works. Cheers
you can get a better guitar used for around $75 to $99 - i see some yamaha F310 guitars in that price range from good sellers on ebay and CL.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!