In my world there is no such thing as a king of a genre.. each player is amazing in their own sense. Hendrix has his special qualities as does BB King and Angus young... But does calling yourself the best push people away? Fans can claim it but when the artist them self says "I'm the greatest" does that bring fans in or push them away?

I noticed an even more disturbing trend.. buying likes to make yourself look bigger. I was one of the first people in the 90's to know of Joe Bonamassa and been tracking him.. but it appears to me that he is not only claiming I'm the best he is also buying likes.. It kinda bugs me and I saw this. thoughts

All those followers yet no Grammy and low album sales? Yea he bought them. Last time I checked he is still only playing small theaters and barely selling them out.
Quote by bluesghost1
All those followers yet no Grammy and low album sales? Yea he bought them. Last time I checked he is still only playing small theaters and barely selling them out.

I've only seen him in small places.. but when I saw those numbers and it says only 80,000 are talking about it.. I thought I think the real number is more like 80k not 2 million. sad
Well you can't look at it from those number comparisons. John Mayer has 6.5 million + likes but only 63k are talking about him.

The big key is the show attendance and venue size. Not to mention this guy and his scum bag manager charge 75 bucks-120 a show.
Which to me is a rip off considering this is a guy who's CDs are 75 percent covers.

At least Kenny Wayne Shephard and Trucks are originals.
I met this guy once at a show. Total D bag.
Refuse to buy any albums ever again.
what bothers me is the ego problem. a friend of mine does a radio show on the web and i suggested he contact Joe for an interview. He did and was told Joe was big time now and didnt need to do interviews with little people. That and his stage presence just bug me. I am a huge SRV fan, and he seemed humble and thankful. dont see that or hear that in Joe's stuff.