I'm building a raspberry pi effects unit, and have 4 pots I can use (Maybe more, but I think 4 will suffice). I'm planning to use them to tweak settings (Eg: Latency on a delay effect) and I will probably end up putting one in a pedal (Or I'll use the pedal as a stomp-box instead)

The problem is quite simple; I don't know what settings I should include. I have a limited knowledge with effects, having only a wah and distortion for bass and guitar, so I don't really know what fine-tuning settings other pedals have. If anyone could throw me some suggestions of what settings to include in a variety of effects I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.
Why not just download the manual for a multifx and read it. You'll get info on every kind of setting you can think of. Like ducking in a delay pedal. There's one for you to research.
Yes, go find a manual or two. Any list you're likely to get here is probably going to be incomplete and skewed by too little input.

IIRC one of the manuals or sheets for the M13 has a nice little grid of which knob does what, and the TC Nova manual has a list for each effect type.

Edit, here you go, M13 list of parameters.
http://line6.com/data/6/0a060b316ac34f0593fabe278/application/pdf/M13/M9/M5%20FX%20Parameters%20-%20English%20(%20Rev%20B%20).pdf
I have an R-PI sittin' around here somewhere, keep us updated. Would like to know what you find out.
=)
RavenWest 1000Q/Schecter neck
ibanez RG3EXFM1 /Dimarzio Evolution
Martin Stinger ST-4 /Kona Strat neck
Martin Stinger ST-2
Squire DG-9 acoustic
Jay Turser JT Slimmer
Bugera 333
2x12 homemade cab
Marshall AVT150H head
B-52 4x12 cab
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, go find a manual or two. Any list you're likely to get here is probably going to be incomplete and skewed by too little input.

IIRC one of the manuals or sheets for the M13 has a nice little grid of which knob does what, and the TC Nova manual has a list for each effect type.

Edit, here you go, M13 list of parameters.
http://line6.com/data/6/0a060b316ac34f0593fabe278/application/pdf/M13/M9/M5%20FX%20Parameters%20-%20English%20(%20Rev%20B%20).pdf

Excellent