Page 1 of 2
How do you guys do it? I hate feeling shy/low all the time. We should post motivational pics and vids. This should be a thread of GREATNESS!!
Last edited by johntomg93 at Nov 13, 2013,
drink
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
meth works pretty well too
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
exercise helps, even just going on walks outside
talking to people too, sometimes you gotta force yourself into some interaction but you'll feel more human
feeling useful and having something that you find meaningful to do does wonders, so if you can't find a job then find some way to volunteer, an excuse to be helpful and talk to people and have to look after yourself a bit more (appearance etc)
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
drive 130 mph

Quote by Burgery
meth works pretty well too

these work well together
Get a job where you are forced to talk to people. That shit works wonders.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I think being physically fit helps a lot. Not only because you look better, so confidence is boosted that way, but your body operates better, so all your chemicals are right and stuff (I don't know if that's true, but it makes sense to me).

Having accomplishments as well. Setting goals and achieving them, like going on a date, etc. Just things that push you a little bit, so you grow when you do them.
gonna sticky this thread
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Already been touched on, but working out and getting a job (if you dont have one) do wonders.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Quote by Nelshizzle
Get a job where you are forced to talk to people. That shit works wonders.

yeah.
nothing boosts yr self-esteem like dealing with rude jerks all day for minimum wage.
Quote by neidnarb11890
yeah.
nothing boosts yr self-esteem like dealing with rude jerks all day for minimum wage.

lel right

experience tells me those types of jobs do more to break you than build you up
Quote by korinaflyingv
Actual advice what is this lol?? The average pit monkey is starting to evolve.
I've exercised for at least an hour a day for the past 3 years. It doesn't do shit for me. It just makes me tired and lethargic.
Quote by Hydra150

feeling useful and having something that you find meaningful to do does wonders, so if you can't find a job then find some way to volunteer, an excuse to be helpful and talk to people and have to look after yourself a bit more (appearance etc)

The problem is that when a person is depressed, they lose interest in whatever they used to enjoy. They sometimes even quit their hobbies for good. It makes it very difficult to do things that are meaningful.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Nov 12, 2013,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

The problem is that when a person is depressed, they lose interest in whatever they used to enjoy. They sometimes even quit their hobbies for good.

Yeah I used to play guitar and stuff
he didn't ask about depression, but boosting self-esteem, which the advice in this thread is pretty apt for I think
Depression and very low self-esteem come hand-in-hand.

I myself do suffer with very low self-esteem. And in my attempts to boost it over the years using the advice mentioned in this thread, nothing has really made much difference except exhaust what I haven't already tried.

I would try to tell people how to boost self-esteem. But in my experience, it hasn't done very much.

But do move along, I don't want to make this a thread about me.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I've exercised for at least an hour a day for the past 3 years. It doesn't do shit for me. It just makes me tired and lethargic.

You're lying or doing it really wrong.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

But do move along, I don't want to make this a thread about me.

I find that threads about me do wonders for my self-esteem
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS
or eating incredibly bad lol

Probaby that.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

i think the way exercise works for me is that because i become so tired, i stop caring so much about what people might be thinking of me. it's like a cheap source of power and accomplishment.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by JustRooster
You're lying or doing it really wrong.

I power walk to and from uni every day (about half an hour), and I take longer routes around my town if I have the time. I keep doing it anyway, in the knowledge that it at least keeps me physically fit.
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS
or eating incredibly bad lol

My dinner is home-made almost always. Admittedly, I sometimes fall complacent and eat something really unhealthy for lunch, but that doesn't happen any more often than once or twice a week.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by Masquirina
Change the title!

okay
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I power walk to and from uni every day (about half an hour), and I take longer routes around my town if I have the time. I keep doing it anyway, in the knowledge that it at least keeps me physically fit.

Start running. That's when you start seeing results. Then after start seeing results, run farther or faster, and you'll see double the results in half the time. Running is god-tier exercise.
Quote by JustRooster
Start running. That's when you start seeing results. Then after start seeing results, run farther or faster, and you'll see double the results in half the time. Running is god-tier exercise.

Would cycling if the weather is nice do?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Does cycling if the weather is nice count?

Generally you have to bike for a lot longer than you would run, and it's best to go uphill as much as you can

so, does a 20 minute relaxed cycle through the park count? no

but a 1 hr cycle where you're struggling with hills? yes

I also struggle with depression, so please listen to me when I say serious exercise is the best thing you can do for yourself. therapy didn't do shit for me and meds haven't done anything so far. I cycle every morning for about an hour and things are getting a lot better. exercise really sucks at first but eventually it's almost fun, especially if you've got a nice playlist to listen to and shit. so do it dude
Ok, cool.

My power tubes still experience more of a vacuum than your dick btw

I hope you remember when I said that to you once
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Not that that isn't exercise or helpful, but I think you gotta push yourself to make it have a serious impact on your self-esteem. Not only does that make a much bigger impression physically so that you'll both look and feel great, but accomplishing goals and even pushing yourself beyond those does wonders too.

But at OP: apart from exercise

Don't eat like shit. I didn't buy into this one til recently but it really does work
Be kind, and honest about it.
And to go with that, don't judge. This is huge, because I think a big part of being timid is often the fear of being judged for being you. It'll make you less angry about petty stuff all the time as well as making you less paranoid about being constantly negatively judged. For real you gotta be chill and this is the key imo.
Obviously take care of yourself in general.
Do your shit well. Put some effort in the things that matter. Be proud of what you've accomplished
Don't dwell on your mistakes. Learn from them but don't let them get stuck in your head. Realize what you did wrong specifically, and do better next time with a fresh start.
Don't forget to smile in social situations homie

These might sound generic but they're legit. I think I may have finally overcome my overall self-loathing and depression and all that mostly just from doing stuff like this. I might come back with more later
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

The problem is that when a person is depressed, they lose interest in whatever they used to enjoy. They sometimes even quit their hobbies for good. It makes it very difficult to do things that are meaningful.

You have to eat right too.
There's a saying, "The real work is in the kitchen" or something like that.

Edit: DIdn't read the thread past this post, and I now see that it has already been answered.
A lot of the talk around "self esteem" is BS. It just is.

"self-acceptance", however, is a fairly neglected subject (compared to self esteem, at least) and fairly central to mental health. If you screw up, you ideally say to yourself "that's okay, I'm bound to sometimes make mistakes and that's fine. Can I learn from this failure?" Instead of "oh, look, again I've failed. Goes to show what a worthless piece of shit I am."

It's less about the content of your beliefs about yourself that count, it's your attitude to yourself. If you openly accept your faults without a need to fight them or hide them from yourself, that's self-acceptance. Or, if you want "self esteem" you can always talk to a mirror and tell the image how "badass" and "tonk" it is. Up to you.
Page 1 of 2