I'm running an american fender strat into a peavey delta blues 115. I want something that will simulate tube break up but also something that can do a more saturated tone when necessary. I love SRV's tone, John Mayer's, Kenny Wayne Shephard, pretty much any great blues player who uses a strat. I love the clean tone of my amp but i want something to kick it up and make it "hotter." I had a Suhr Riot Distortion but wasn't crazy about how muddy and middy it was through my setup.

I've been looking at:

Digitech Bad Monkey
Carl Martin Plexitone
Crunch Box
OCD
Tubescreamer
Boss Sd1

I've watched a lot of demos but it's hard to say for sure. My local store has a few of these but not all. I'm open to suggestions beyond what I've listed above!
Tubescreamer or Ocd I own both each have
there uses but both are great overdrives.
out of those, bad monkey or tubescreamer
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Green Rhino (tube screamer with more tone options), which is within the price range of the stuff you listed
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
I play blues with a Strat, and I use a Tubescreamer and an OCD. They stack beautifully also.
What about the TC electronics dark matter distortion? I'm really digging TC and watched a few demos for this pedal and I like how it gets very very dirty but each individual note in complex chords are intelligible. Any experience?
I've never tried it, but i think considering you didn't get on with the riot and are after lowish gain blues tones you should be looking at an overdrive pedal, not a distortion pedal. Despite what some people/places (e.g. TGP) might say, it's not rocket science when it comes to getting a tone at least well within the ballpark of those guys. Assuming you can half play like them.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Bad Monkey if you want to save money, Green Rhino or the Hardwire version (somebody jump in with the model) if you want to spend a bit more. Actual tubescreamers are way overpriced. The other ones I just mentioned are the same thing but with more tonal control and a smaller pricetag.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Bad Monkey if you want to save money, Green Rhino or the Hardwire version (somebody jump in with the model) if you want to spend a bit more. Actual tubescreamers are way overpriced. The other ones I just mentioned are the same thing but with more tonal control and a smaller pricetag.

CM-2 is the Digitech Hardwire designation. great pedal the I use myself.
Quote by monwobobbo
CM-2 is the Digitech Hardwire designation. great pedal the I use myself.
thanks.

I would have like a Rhino but I cheaped out and bought a Bad Monkey. I've been happy with it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification