Page 1 of 2
When you've got housemates, when in the morning is it okay to stop being quiet in the morning and start playing music, walking around louder etc.

I generally at a weekend will move out of quiet life at 10:30-11am.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
3:00 pm
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I start crowing every morning around 5:30 am
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
You like to doodle-doo that cocka, don'tcha?
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by eGraham
You like to doodle-doo that cocka, don'tcha?

Yeah I admit I'm rather partial to a good cocking in the morning

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Also my housemate doesnt use washing up liquid to wash up his plates cutlery and saucepans, he just runs them under the tap until they look clean now am I weird or is that strange, like washing youself but not using soap?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by eGraham
3:00 pm

Exactly what I was going to say.

3pm-3am
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
That's really weird, considering no one has hand washed a dish in this apartment yet this year.

All about that automation bb
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

That is pretty weird, and probably not very sanitary

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Quote by eGraham
That's really weird, considering no one has hand washed a dish in this apartment yet this year.

All about that automation bb

Do you have a dishwasher?

Quote by EndTheRapture51
When you've got housemates, when in the morning is it okay to stop being quiet in the morning and start playing music, walking around louder etc.

I generally at a weekend will move out of quiet life at 10:30-11am.

you'd last exactly 1 weekend as a roommate in my house

seriously, on the weekend, you're supposed to keep it down til noon. its a universal constant. some of us are nursing hangovers.

weekdays, feel free to start making noise at 6-7am, I get up then or a little earlier. weekends, I don't wanna hear a damn thing til noon
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Nov 13, 2013,
the way it worked in my house the past couple years is my favorite way

on weekdays, make noise whenever you have to. if you have to get up at 5am, you're entitled to use the kitchen and make as much noise as you naturally would. don't be a dick. be as quiet as you can be while still doing everything you need to efficiently.

weekends, however, you stay quiet until you know everybody's up.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

seriously, on the weekend, you're supposed to keep it down til noon. its a universal constant. some of us are nursing hangovers.

weekdays, feel free to start making noise at 6-7am, I get up then or a little earlier. weekends, I don't wanna hear a damn thing til noon

Nah that's stupid especially when you're sleeping and people wake you up when they get in with loud drunken behaviour so 11am is fair game.

If it is flatmates, whenever you are up you make noise..

When you have family (stepkids)

Stay quiet... it is more peaceful that way
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
i'm quiet up until the point where i spill milk and cereal all over the floor, can't find the remote, or discover the internet is out again.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
It depends on where I am, and who is there. For instance, during the weekdays at my parent's place I can make all the noise I want at 9 am since all the people in close proximity are at work or have kids to bring to school or whatever. In my student dorm, however, I think staying a bit quieter until around 10-11 AM wouldn't hurt since I also like to sleep on some days.
How much noise are we talking about? I listen to music etc with headphones anyway. Much clearer.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
What do you consider a morning? I wake up at 4 or 5 AM, that's early morning for me, standard morning is 7+.
Living with housemates is a bit different to living with your parents (I assume you're relatively young and either a student or recent graduate?)

I'd say any time before 12pm is probably too early.
What do you exactly mean by "start making noise"?

Are you asking when can you start being an obnoxious little twat (yell for no reason, play music unnecessarily loud etc)? Never, why would you need to do that anyway.

Or are you asking when can you stop being ninja and work around the house as normal? Idk, I can do stuff without waking anyone up, so never had that problem
I don't care when people make noise cuz I can sleep through it fine. I don't think it's fair to expect people to be completely silent when they wake up but they shouldn't be playing the violin at 5 am. If they desperately need to for whatever reason then they should inform the others about it the day before and apologize in advance.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Also my housemate doesnt use washing up liquid to wash up his plates cutlery and saucepans, he just runs them under the tap until they look clean now am I weird or is that strange, like washing youself but not using soap?

I do that. It gets them clean enough. I wash my dishes/utensils maybe once a month.
cat
Weekends - 2pm.

Weekdays - when you've left the house/only one left in the house.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
On weekdays do everything normal trying to not make so much noise but on weekend maybe until 10-11am or until I know that most of the people is awake
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

Holy shit, I thought you were perma'd
RIP Gooze

cats
If you got housemates, it's generally a good idea to get to know the people you live with a little bit. You should know their approximate schedule (or lack thereof) and adjust accordingly. If you share with a bunch of youngsters, often times someone will be working a late shift so there's no real good answer, just do what you got to do and be respectful of other people and their need to rest. It could also be a good idea to have this discussion with them rather an internet forum.
Quote by mulefish
Holy shit, I thought you were perma'd

He was, then we took pity once he'd had enough time to mature
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by progdude93
the way it worked in my house the past couple years is my favorite way

on weekdays, make noise whenever you have to. if you have to get up at 5am, you're entitled to use the kitchen and make as much noise as you naturally would. don't be a dick. be as quiet as you can be while still doing everything you need to efficiently.

weekends, however, you stay quiet until you know everybody's up.

Yeah something like this
Everyone in my house sleeps at silly o'clock so noise at night is fine. It does mean you can't really bang anything on speakers until at least 3 or 4pm though. Noise of just going about your life is fine at any time though
7:30-8am on weekdays
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
On a weekday i would say some point between 9-10am would be reasonable.

In my uni house, i was kind of lucky in the sense that my room was in a garage conversion that wasn't next to any of the other rooms, so i didn't hear anything unless people were being really noisy.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Walking around/cooking/washing plates/watching TV quietly: 8
Hoovering/listening to music/listening to TV loudly: 10

Then probably move it back and hour or two at the weekend.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Weekday? Do they work in the morning? 8-9am seems reasonable.

Weekend? I'd say more like 9-10am.

They shouldn't have to put their activities on hold just because you're lazy and want to sleep all morning.

I'd say being loud late at night is more of an issue than being loud in the morning.
Page 1 of 2