I've never been really comfortable with singing, I do have several songs where I sing on, but it always feels weird to me. So if you could please rate this and maybe give some tips, that would be awesome.

https://soundcloud.com/warmastah/sitting-waiting-wishing-jack

I'll C4C ofcourse
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Last edited by BjarnedeGraaf at Nov 13, 2013,
Hey man, first thing if you crit other peoples stuff and expect one back provide the link! I luckily found your forum so here we are. Reading at first I thought that your vocals were going to be a lot more rough then they are. You have a good voice man, you just need to sing loud and proud. The vocals are a little low in the mix. The other instruments sound good are groove together.

Thanks for the crit I hope mine is constructive.

Kevin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAHellraiser
Go into Guitar Center and tell them you are willing to spend $3000 on as many Spider and MG half stacks as they can give you.
Sounds good, man. I think you just have a problem with confidence. Overcome that and really put that emotion in there, especially in the "waiting" and "playing" in this particular song. It's not a particularly energetic or powerful song, but when Jack sings those parts, he kind of strains them a bit and it gives it this feeling that gives you those chills when you hear it. Little things like that give the song life. Otherwise, good job.
Thanks a lot guys, Really appreciate the feedback. sorry i didnt post a link for the C4C!
I'll work on my vocals and try and be more confident!
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Basically, you need to learn how to properly take the air in and then push it out. You need to learn what muscles you use when you sing, and what muscles should be relaxed so you can maximize your natural range. You don't necessarily have to take lessons, just get on youtube and check out some vocal lessons/warmups on there. Spend an hour on there, find a warmup routine that works for you, and take ten minutes a day to practice it.

If you do these exercises every day, your body is gonna learn how to (for example) relax the muscles in your neck and shoulders and use the abdomen to reach up for the high notes. Basically you need to train that muscle memory and then practice it over and over.

EDIT: Anyways nice job on this cover, I think if you put in the work your voice can be pretty good.

here's my c4c https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1623597
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Last edited by Gibson06 at Nov 16, 2013,