Hiya , just wanted to address a few things about rocksmith I have seen on other threads but didn't want to bump them

First off , id like to say I agree . Rocksmith is definitely not the fastest way to learn guitar . It can teach you bad habbits by forcing you to rush , can make you play with tonnes of tension and really can give you a false sense of confidence .

However !!!!!!! I really do think if used correctly it is bloody fantastic! Im not talking about the arcade games , and some of the lessons are crap ( some are good thou) , but consider this for a moment if you will . ! All posts on this page say to play faster , play slower , all posts say slow it down and get pure tones etc before you go faster . With the new rocksmith ( don't think the old one is as adaptable) this is easier than ever .

To hell with a metronome , jump into learn a song , hit riff repeater straight away , and you can change the difficulty right up to 100 % if so desired , then slow the whole song down to whatever percentage speed you want it at ( you can move the parameters of riff repeater so you can play either parts of a song or the whole song ) and play away with instant feedback .

When repeating the song it will come up with an explanation mark next to the chords / notes you have missed in the past and let you know where u need to concentrate more .

Rocksmith now is a really really good learning tool if used properly ( I don't use it properly as much as I should) and you have the patience ! I wouldn't use it without other feedback ( the posture videos on the techniques sticky in this forum has helped me a truckload) but instead of just a thrasharound game I thought the original rocksmith was , the new one is actually really usefull for developing speed around the fretboard and keeping your playing sharp IF you use the riff repeater as much as you should !

The legato lessons are awesome aswell , I suck at them , but I know im improving by repeating them .
Cool story, bro.

It still doesn't actually do anything that you can't do yourself.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
this is more of a blog than anything else, it's not really prompting a discussion - it's just you posting your opinion.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com