Page 1 of 5
Okay Guys! I have a question for you today.. What exactly is this 'Djent' Music? It's almost like a curse word in many places.. I looked it up and the only thing I understood is that it's our traditional Metal Palm Muted sound.. Could someone please explain it?
shitty music with whiny vocals and weird sounding guitars
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
It's like a DJ, but with an added -ent for edgyness because being a plain ol DJ is too mainstream.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Can someone give me a link to a typical 'Djent' song? To see exactly why people hate it?
Quote by shawnkenneth
Can someone give me a link to a typical 'Djent' song? To see exactly why people hate it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fayAl0FOye8

edit: ^ m8 you got your djent and your thall all mixed up.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Last edited by damian_91 at Nov 13, 2013,
Quote by damian_91

edit: ^ m8 you got your djent and your thall all mixed up.

I have no idea what thall is but Vildhjarta are good shit if you like real instruments so listen to them
Quote by willT08
I have no idea what thall is but Vildhjarta are good shit if you like real instruments so listen to them

It's this word Vildhjarta fanboys think is the funniest thing ever so they parrot it like a Monty Python sketch until it's just irritating. Even Vildhjarta hates them for it now..
Quote by WCPhils
I don't know if this was a joke, but I really liked it.

That puts you only a few short years behind me in taste. This time next year you'll be on the Liquid DnB
Quote by willT08
That puts you only a few short years behind me in taste. This time next year you'll be on the Liquid DnB

But I've never said I disliked electronic music. Both are enjoyable
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
It's a tone, a way of playing, and a way of composing.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by Cavalcade
*neuro DnB

nobody starts on bloody Neuro. Liquid first - maybe 4 months in to that he'll hear a dark tune and then get into the good minimal shit. Fuck all that noisy neuro stuff
But I've never said I disliked electronic music. Both are enjoyable
Yeah but don't be a fence sitter. They're not both enjoyable, and soon you will make the switch as I and my forerunners have
when you say [or type] "djent" i usually think of chuggy polyrhythmic breakdowns with some clean guitar in the background playing slow dissonant arpeggios
A type of mustard.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
If you're gonna do a shit "look at us playing the song whilst you listen to it" music video, at least maybe leave out the guy on the midi keyboard jesus
Someone tell me if that song which I posted earlier has any 'Djent' in it.. Please, I'm doing some research and need to know it's proper meaning.
It's a music genre. One that's currently cool to hate on because it's pretty popular at the moment. It's not death metal recorded with a 4 track so we can't enjoy it.

^ no that isn't djent at all. It's shitty deathcore with even shittier synth bits.
Last edited by Wormholes at Nov 13, 2013,
Quote by shawnkenneth
Someone tell me if that song which I posted earlier has any 'Djent' in it.. Please, I'm doing some research and need to know it's proper meaning.
Wait. You're researching djent?
Why?
For school?
wat daaa ff
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by shawnkenneth

No. It just sounded like rhythmic palm muted riffs that try to emulate breakdowns in Metalcore songs.
Quote by Wormholes
It's a music genre. One that's currently cool to hate on because it's pretty popular at the moment. It's not death metal recorded with a 4 track so we can't enjoy it.

^ no that isn't djent at all. It's shitty deathcore with even shittier synth bits.

Thanks bro.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Wait. You're researching djent?
Why?
For school?
wat daaa ff

I'm not researching just Djent! I'm putting together a small article on fads(For the lack of a better word) in Metal. Djent and a couple other concepts are which I couldn't quite wrap my head around..
Quote by shawnkenneth

Look up the band meshuggah, i personally dont listen to it but my friend does.
Whats goes around must come down
Yeah it's a way of life.

It also is a genre in which you have damn tight sounding damn low tuned guitars that involves a lot of 0s and palm muting and breakdowns and sometimes screaming vocals.

Here you have your everyday djent sound with your everyday breakdown and your everyday extended chords and your everyday programmed drums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6okZX4PofPw
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Wormholes

Djent isn't deathcore; it's not a genre. But for whatever reason, people consider it a genre for God knows why. It's nothing more than an onomatopoeia of a guitar tone that picked up.
Last edited by Lifesign at Nov 13, 2013,
Quote by WCPhils
idk, but posting this in this thread will probably make someone yell at me.

this song ruled live

Quote by willT08

this band didn't really

my friends and i got bored halfway through and went to dead letter circus instead because they were playing at the same time
Last edited by whywefight at Nov 13, 2013,
Page 1 of 5