good evening

is useing a car wax to polish my guitar going to damage it with the time because im using a materials made to used on a car tires and dashboard

im using BMW wax and meguiar wheel cleaner the results are great but what about any future damge to the body ?
I wouldn't use any cleaner not specified for high-gloss paint jobs or wood. Wax shouldn't hurt, it should actually help, but I don't know if you need it for an instrument that will be indoors majority of the time. It just basically fills in tiny bumps in your paint and protects the oils.
Cars are made of metal, guitars are made of wood. If it's not made to be used on wood I wouldn't want to ruin my guitar, personally. Not saying it will, I have no clue, just my reasoning.
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
Quote by bifteksupernova
Cars are made of metal, guitars are made of wood. If it's not made to be used on wood I wouldn't want to ruin my guitar, personally. Not saying it will, I have no clue, just my reasoning.

You're polishing the finish, not the material it's made from. If he was talking about a guitar with no finish on it, I would agree. As long as the guitar isn't vintage nitrocellulose or something, it's probably fine. Lacquer is lacquer and enamel is enamel. Wax away. Most waxes are intended to be gentle on finishes anyway.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
I used car polish on my guitars for years, no damage to report, only shine.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
I just windex my guitar lol. You dont need polish, just get the dirt off and youre good to go.
Quote by ehbacon
Nirvana_Luvr16????

I was thinking the same thing
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
i buff the chrome with mothers chrome and mag polish (NOT for the body because it has light abrasives in it) then i use Dunlop guitar cleaner for the body followed by a few coats of mothers caranuba wax. I have read the caranuba wax has no long term adverse affects. and for the record i don't work for Mothers company but i do like their products quite a bit.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by Bertallica
I used car polish on my guitars for years, no damage to report, only shine.

glad to hear that
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
I just windex my guitar lol. You dont need polish, just get the dirt off and youre good to go.

im going to try that why not